Buy iPhone now or wait

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I'd prefer keeping my iP5 out of a case. The device is so thin and light, I have trouble picking it up off a flat surface. Without the case on, I've noticed the device spin around in my pocket.

Sent using iCafe app

Veevee

Apr 22, 2013
Just buy it now what your going to wait your whole life till the next bet thing comes out

Sent using iCafe app

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I appreciate all the comments. The deed is done. I slowed down enough today to go to the AT&T store and got the iPhone 5 along with the LifeProof Fre.

LTE hit my city this week and that was the icing on the cake.

Thank you all for the advice.

Sent using iCafe app

Reactions: Tattooed Alex

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
I appreciate all the comments. The deed is done. I slowed down enough today to go to the AT&T store and got the iPhone 5 along with the LifeProof Fre.

Sent using iCafe app

Welcome to the iPhone 5 club!

dkhmwilliams

Bronze
May 10, 2013

Sent using iCafe app
Congrats on the new iPhone. I'm sure you are loving it right now.

Sent from the baddest smartphone on the planet, my white 64GB iPhone 5.

mac2013

May 31, 2013
Congratulations... This is my first post.. Testing.

Sent using my super device

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
My iPhone 5 in white will be here tomorrow. My HTC one x crapped out yesterday screen wouldn't come on at all. ATT thinks my screen died out, being that I work for a contractor of ATT I was able to smooth talk a credit to offset the no upgrade, not to mention 3 lines since 2007 and Uverse for over a year helps. Got a white 16 gig shipped next day for $199 including tax and shipping, upgrade fee waived by crediting my wireless account :) lets just say the reps manager got a great email about her excellence this morning hehe. I'm excited to be back in the Apple family.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My iPhone 5 in white will be here tomorrow. My HTC one x crapped out yesterday screen wouldn't come on at all. ATT thinks my screen died out, being that I work for a contractor of ATT I was able to smooth talk a credit to offset the no upgrade, not to mention 3 lines since 2007 and Uverse for over a year helps. Got a white 16 gig shipped next day for $199 including tax and shipping, upgrade fee waived by crediting my wireless account :) lets just say the reps manager got a great email about her excellence this morning hehe. I'm excited to be back in the Apple family.
Cool. The white iPhone 5 is really nice. Is it too late to return the HTC One? If so, are you going to have HTC replace it and then just sell it privately?

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
Cool. The white iPhone 5 is really nice. Is it too late to return the HTC One? If so, are you going to have HTC replace it and then just sell it privately?
Ya know I have not given that a lot of thought. I know my warranty was up about 20 days ago. Do you think HTC will replace it even though its out of warranty? If so heck yeah I would love to get a new one and keep it for a backup or sell it to pay for the iPhone. I may have to give them a call and see what they will do.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
[
Ya know I have not given that a lot of thought. I know my warranty was up about 20 days ago. Do you think HTC will replace it even though its out of warranty? If so heck yeah I would love to get a new one and keep it for a backup or sell it to pay for the iPhone. I may have to give them a call and see what they will do.
I'd be tempted to buy the One off you just so I'd have two of them and to tick Europa off. :D

ManFromOz

Jun 11, 2013
The iPhone 5S probably won't be available for about six months. I'd get the 5 now. I'd get it now even if it was a 4S, not a 4. Waiting around and using old technology isn't worth it what you save, IMO. You can upgrade every year for less than $100 out of pocket with AT&T partial upgrades by selling your old one. The bigger screen, better camera and faster processor are worth more than $100. AT&T even waives the upgrade fees if you do the chat. It takes three minutes.
How you going guys! I know the iPhone 5S or 6 is nearing to be released soon...maybe, but l just couldn't wait any longer and ordered an iPhone 5 white 64 GIG. My contract was up and Optus, one of our telco's 'down under' made me a deal too good to refuse.
There is rumours that the next iPhone they release will be a cheaper version with coloured plastic back covers, something l'm not real interested in; as l love the feel of the current iPhones. There are also rumours of a bigger screen iPhone to be released early 2014, which personally speaking l think the iPhone 5 is big enough for one hand use and side pocket storage. Each to there own.
I love my iPhone 5 and it's a decent jump from my iPhone 4 32 GIG.
What are your thoughts?