Buy MyWi again for iOS7?

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by richardya, Dec 26, 2013.

1. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

Will we have to buy mywi again if we bought the prior version? I used to be a big supporter of JB developers, but since Apple stopped letting you back up blobs, it feels like 80% of the life of my phones are without the JB.

It is not the fault of the devs, but my new philosophy is to donate after I get the app for a certain amount of time. Sooner or later something happens, I lose a phone, broken screen, bricked phone, and I am stuck upgrading and losing the JB so the money is just wasted.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the Cydia Apps section.

When the iOS 6 jailbreak landed we all had to pay for the latest version of MyWi, I'm positive we'll have to pay for it again. I appreciate the developers shouldn't have to work for free, but having maybe a discounted version for users who've downloaded previous versions would be nice :)

3. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

That would be cool

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

We live in hope! Or we're going to get our wallets out and throw money at them :p

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think it was $10 the last time I checked. Even if that ends up being an annual charge, to account for new iOS updates, it's a lot cheaper than paying the carrier $15+/month for tethering.

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

MyWi's great but it still didn't manage to mask the tethering block. If I get tethering on my plan it's capped to 1gb a month. Terrible and expensive.

7. chavezr6

chavezr6 Member
    Bronze

Same here. I loved MyWi until I got a letter from ATT basically saying if I continued using it I would lose my unlimited data and they would force me into a tethering plan. I don't understand why "they" meaning the developers of MyWi wouldn't give us an option like PDANet had.

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

After I received a tethering block message from using MyWi I tried PDANet, unfortunately I received the same error.

TetherMe was the next work around, not tried it yet - will try and get back to you.