Buy now, activate later...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

deskjet4

Jun 26, 2007
iPhones will be available tomorrow in my area... can i buy the iPhone now at the AT&T store or Apple store but activate it later (next week) when ihave the money? or does it all have to happen at the same time? THANKS!

martigen

Jun 30, 2007
When you buy the phone you are not forced to activate it right away. Take a look at the eBayers for instance, they've had phones up for a week now and the bought them and they are sealed. You can activate your phone whenever you wish to. There is no penalty of activating your phone a month later or 6 months later.

Hope it helps!

dialahir

Jul 6, 2007
When you buy the phone you are not forced to activate it right away. Take a look at the eBayers for instance, they've had phones up for a week now and the bought them and they are sealed. You can activate your phone whenever you wish to. There is no penalty of activating your phone a month later or 6 months later.

Hope it helps!
hay
as long as the AT&T not activate, can i use the iPhone facilities without the activate the sim card ? like IPOD Music , video, wifi and many more

thanks

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
I don't have mine yet, but as far as I know you can't. You can only place emergency calls if it's not activated.

The activation process looks easy, and you can watch a quick video explaining it at http://www.apple.com/iPhone. It's just a simple connect by USB to your computer and iTunes will detect it automatically, from there it's just entering info and clicking next. You gotta make sure you have iTunes 7.3 or whatever, so make sure your iTunes is up to date.

dialahir

Jul 6, 2007
I don't have mine yet, but as far as I know you can't. You can only place emergency calls if it's not activated.

The activation process looks easy, and you can watch a quick video explaining it at http://www.apple.com/iPhone. It's just a simple connect by USB to your computer and iTunes will detect it automatically, from there it's just entering info and clicking next. You gotta make sure you have iTunes 7.3 or whatever, so make sure your iTunes is up to date.
thanks
i'm work in asia region, but tomorrow i'm come back to USA. i'm wait for a long time for this gadget.

if anyone have any info.
thanks