Buy or Not to Buy?

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Are you going to keep your current Jailbroken iPhone with all the bells and whistles or are you going to get the stock 3G GPS iPhone and wait for a Jailbreak? Would you be happy with a stock iPhone?

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I'm not buying that crap. No video camera, no mobile tv.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm not buying that crap. No video camera, no mobile tv.
To each his own. The way I look at it, I'll have much faster speeds away from wifi, twice as much storage for music and video, and GPS Assist in my Google maps feature.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I am not buying, I like the what I already have on my current phone, don't feel the need for 3g and I am jailbroken and my apps are not buggy, I haven't had any buggy issues. I pretty much stay away though from apps that have been reported buggy on this forum. I love my jailbroken phone and all the apps I have. Plus, I am not thrilled about plastic. The v1 iPhone looks sleek and unique with the silver back.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Keeping. New iPhone is a joke. more than 10+ features we've all been wanting since day 1 missing and they have done nothing about it.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
To each his own. The way I look at it, I'll have much faster speeds away from wifi, twice as much storage for music and video, and GPS Assist in my Google maps feature.
Not to mention $120 extra per year for the data plan alone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I am not buying, I like the what I already have on my current phone, don't feel the need for 3g and I am jailbroken and my apps are not buggy, I haven't had any buggy issues. I pretty much stay away though from apps that have been reported buggy on this forum. I love my jailbroken phone and all the apps I have. Plus, I am not thrilled about plastic. The v1 iPhone looks sleek and unique with the silver back.
The iPhone 1 will still be a great device and with firmware 2.0 it'll have approved apps straight from the app store. I can't blame anyone for holding on to it for the immediate future.

aikopua3

Jun 9, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa.
not gonna buy. wait till update. everyone will have one soon. i am gonna keep the sliver back.

Chogull

May 13, 2008
Im not sure yet, I'll need to investigate a bit more, currently they don't offer it with Tmobile. I am pretty happy with my blackberry at the moment.

I don't know if I'm going to buy one yet... I'm in between... The new phone is basically the same other than the 3g and gps... I don't need gps but the faster Internet would be great since safari is the one app I use the most... And the new phone is way sleek looking! I have about a month to decide... Not to mention I like the way my jailbroken iPhone looks right now

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Jailbroken iPhone

Yeah, my iPhone is pretty sweet looking right now with theme, intellisceen, different icons & colors, and vWallpapers.

PS: Using Intelliscreen only because it is cracked. Also notice how cheap full video games are going to be ($9.99) compared to what the developer is trying to charge for Intelliscreen ($19.99 or $49.99). Smarten up Intelliborn!

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Buying the new one one July 11th! well considering I was able to sell My brothers and mine for over 400 dollars a piece. Cost of ownership for V1 iPhone = 7 dollars

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Gizmodo is reporting that the phone is actually working better as a phone. That is one of the things I feel the G1 iPhone lacks, a well working phone. Wonder if anyone makes a plastic back for the G1 phone to see if it lets more signal in/out and improves the cellular quality. Anyone?

http://gizmodo.com/5014732/3g-iphone-first-hands-on

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Gizmodo is reporting that the phone is actually working better as a phone. That is one of the things I feel the G1 iPhone lacks, a well working phone. Wonder if anyone makes a plastic back for the G1 phone to see if it lets more signal in/out and improves the cellular quality. Anyone?

http://gizmodo.com/5014732/3g-iphone-first-hands-on

I totally agree. i love the iPhone like everyone else but it is so-so as a phone. I hope the speaker is louder.