Buy sale-off iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5

iFanApple

Sep 12, 2011

This question is usually given when the user Apple preparing to release a new iPhone version. Although Apple has yet to confirm plans to release a new iPhone version, but based on the information on the web as well as the prototype of the Apple iPhone 5 recently lost in a bar in San Francisco, the most likely power this phone is coming soon.

If you do not have any iPhone and is expected to own one, will you buy an sale-off iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5?

Aug 31, 2010
I guess it all depends on how important it is to you, and what kind of deals the service providers are going to offer. I know that the iPhone 4 is being offered in my region for $99 until October 3rd. I'll definitely be holding out for the iP5 though.

Zipur

Bronze
Aug 26, 2011
Texas
depends on actual results. I'll go to the store and compare my iPhone 4 to the i5 then I'll decide. Plus "5" is a lucky number for me. My entire family Sis, Mom, Son, Dad, Wife, Daughter are all born in May. So fives attract me. And my address begins and ends with 5.

Or more likely I'm just tring to justify to myself the need for getting a new phone. When I really know I don't need it.

yet.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I guess it all depends on how important it is to you.
That's the key question. I have had all 4 iPhones to date and will be getting the next one. But if the latest,greatest isn't that important to you, the 4 is a great phone that will be offered at a great price.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Aug 31, 2010
That's the key question. I have had all 4 iPhones to date and will be getting the next one. But if the latest,greatest isn't that important to you, the 4 is a great phone that will be offered at a great price.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
Agreed. I have a 3GS, and that's why I'm 100% certain that I'll be getting the 5. If I had a 4, I may very well just stick with the 4. But again, we'll see what the 5 brings to the table.

iFanApple

Sep 12, 2011
I have a 3GS. I'm afraid that the iPhone 4 will not have all new features of iOS 5 when it release. Such as iMessage, new notification, iCloud, ... Maybe I wait until iPhone 5 release and decide.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I have a 3GS. I'm afraid that the iPhone 4 will not have all new features of iOS 5 when it release. Such as iMessage, new notification, iCloud, ... Maybe I wait until iPhone 5 release and decide.
They will have all those features. No need to worry. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

iFanApple

Sep 12, 2011
Great! I heard that iPhone 5 will be released in October. I'll wait for few more weeks.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Deffinetly holding out to see what the five has to offer. If for some reason it isn't amazing (which it will be) I might consider the 4 again. Didn't like the shape in my hand. However comma my 3GS is tiring.

Aug 31, 2010
Deffinetly holding out to see what the five has to offer. If for some reason it isn't amazing (which it will be) I might consider the 4 again. Didn't like the shape in my hand. However comma my 3GS is tiring.
My li'l guy is giving me hints that he's ready for retirement too.

iFanApple

Sep 12, 2011
I heard 2 rumors: one bad and one good news.
The bad one is that at the conference of the T-Mobile employee, Director of Marketing - Mr. Cole Brodman said: "We will not get the iPhone 5 this year." However, uncertainty is a T-Mobile does not continue to serve or can not make the Apple iPhone version 5 this year?
The good one is that Apple plans to hold a major media event on day 3 (October 4, 2011). Most likely at this event, the technology giant will launch the second generation iPhone 5. Even though Apple can change your plan at any time, but sources said on October 4 has been set as the release date iPhone 5. In addition, sources also said the current plan, iPhone 5 will be sold in the market just weeks after the event.

Oct 3, 2009
I think someone here should buy my iPhone 4. You don't need the 4s or 5 or whatever it is.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Hopefully My brother will be due for upgrade come the release of iPhone 5, so if i can afford to i will be buying his iPhone 4 off him, whilst he upgrades to the 5.

iFanApple

Sep 12, 2011
OFFICIAL NEWS
A special event next week to be held on Apple’s Cupertino campus at 10 a.m.

As with most Apple event invitations, details are scarce. But the invitation featured four icons for iPhone apps: Calendar, with its icon displaying Tuesday the 4th; Clock, with the time displaying 10:00; Maps, with its usual icon, which displays Apple’s Cupertino campus, and the Phone app, with a “1” badge.
“1 badge on Phone = only 1 iPhone model. There you have it. BAM.”

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
OFFICIAL NEWS
A special event next week to be held on Apple’s Cupertino campus at 10 a.m.

As with most Apple event invitations, details are scarce. But the invitation featured four icons for iPhone apps: Calendar, with its icon displaying Tuesday the 4th; Clock, with the time displaying 10:00; Maps, with its usual icon, which displays Apple’s Cupertino campus, and the Phone app, with a “1” badge.
“1 badge on Phone = only 1 iPhone model. There you have it. BAM.”
Thank you for the info. I hadn't heard this news yet, officially that is. Are you sure about the 1 iPhone model? Love the use of BAM.