Buy without contract

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Prozium12, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

So for my last two iPhones I've been tied into a 24mth contracts,I only got my 4s in December this year so thinking of selling 4s and buying iPhone 5 outright,does everyone think the prices for the new iPhone will be more or less the same as 4s? Can sell 4s which is as new in box for £300 and keep the sim card and put it in new iPhone5.. will I have to chopp micro sim to fit in suspected nano sim in i5.?

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

2. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

Right now we don't know the answer to either of your questions. We will just have to wait and see. We could speculate but that won't do you much good

3. monkeysrock0622

Gold

The prices will probably be the same (they have for the last few iPhones). The current price for unlocked iPhone 4S (16gb) is $650 USD + tax.

As for the micro sim vs. nano sim question, the actual sim contact is the same size so technically you should be able to just cut it. However, I would advise against that. Apple Stores and AT&T stores have extra sim cards so they can transfer you number onto a new nano sim card for free and it only takes a few minutes.

Nothing is guaranteed though. Apple can change their prices at any time.

4. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

9to5Mac is prediction the sam price point as before