Buying a 3G S on another number and switching SIMs

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Im currrently on the family plan, would purchasing an iPhone one of the lines that can get an upgrade right now, and switching sim cards work? And would i have to upgrade the other line to the iPhone data plan too?

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Im currrently on the family plan, would purchasing an iPhone one of the lines that can get an upgrade right now, and switching sim cards work? And would i have to upgrade the other line to the iPhone data plan too?

any help would be appreciated, thanks!
That is what I am doing. As soon as you get the phone just put your sim card in and activate it on iTunes. If a data plan is added to the line you used to upgrade AT&T will take it off just make sure you explain what you did.

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
thanks, that helped to know that its at least possible.

but would it be that easy to take off the data plan, seems like something att wouldn't be too happy about...

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
Yes it would work. It's just a pain in the butt switching your iTunes account/music&apps to a different phone especially when jailbroken but worth the price difference. Had to do it when my baby dropped my husband's phone in melted butter

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
thanks, that helped to know that its at least possible.

but would it be that easy to take off the data plan, seems like something att wouldn't be too happy about...
No as surprising as it is they don't have a problem removing the feature especially since you aren't using the iPhone on that line. They don't have any problem with you using another line to get the early upgrade price, it just gets them another 2 year contract which makes them happy.

CJisohsocool

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
I already made a post talking about this :p

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Yes it would work. It's just a pain in the butt switching your iTunes account/music&apps to a different phone especially when jailbroken but worth the price difference. Had to do it when my baby dropped my husband's phone in melted butter
when you get the phone, don't you have to activate it over iTunes anyways? couldnt i just plug it in an sync it will all my old contacts and stuff that is backed up on my iTunes.