Buying a replacement phone.. questions!

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
I read that if i wanted to buy a replacement (say to upgrade from 8 to 16gb) all I had to do was go to an ATT or APPLE store and buy one and then get on iTunes, activate it with my old number etc.. and no problems.. I could then sell my 8gb.... BUT.... on the web site for Apple, it says to buy, you must do a 2 year activation agreement! So how can I just buy a new phone from them without doing another 2 yr agreement!? Seems goofy.....

So if i lost my 8gb phone.. I would be screwed and need a 2nd 2 yr agreement? Fill me in guys/girls..... whats up?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Good question, I'd like to know the answer as well.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
When the 16 gig came out there was tons of discussion about the 2 year contact. Anyone who upgraded did not need to re-new their contract, it just continued on.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I read that if i wanted to buy a replacement (say to upgrade from 8 to 16gb) all I had to do was go to an ATT or APPLE store and buy one and then get on iTunes, activate it with my old number etc.. and no problems.. I could then sell my 8gb.... BUT.... on the web site for Apple, it says to buy, you must do a 2 year activation agreement! So how can I just buy a new phone from them without doing another 2 yr agreement!? Seems goofy.....

So if i lost my 8gb phone.. I would be screwed and need a 2nd 2 yr agreement? Fill me in guys/girls..... whats up?
If you've already got your two year agreement in place, you don't have to extend it.