Buying an iMac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

radmonkeyx

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Irving TX
I have my iPhone set up on a dell currently with iTunes. i am going to be buying an imac in next week or so. will the iPhone automatically work with syncing? i plan on putting my music on the imac first then syncing my iPhone. is there anything i need to do?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I have my iPhone set up on a dell currently with iTunes. i am going to be buying an imac in next week or so. will the iPhone automatically work with syncing? i plan on putting my music on the imac first then syncing my iPhone. is there anything i need to do?
Well, I haven't done it, but I would think that you should first sync with your pc to back everything up. Then sync with the iMac. It'll ask if you want to replace the data on your mac or phone. Choose replace data on mac. That will transfer everything except your music. Once you transfer your music, you'll have to setup what you what synced with your phone again. That should be all.

Congrats on buying an iMac. BTW - I am selling my AppleCare for the iMac if you are interested. /shameless plug. :D

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I made the switch from Windows to Mac in March after using that shocking OS that is Windows Vista.

I've owned both an iMac 20" and now a Mac Mini.

I love OS X and would now never switch back. Everything in mac is integrated (almost anyway) and should be really simple to get everything setup.

Its a matter of putting the music in your iTunes again and the phone will be fine with it. Shouldn't matter whether ts on mac or Windows.

That theory only applies to iPods (the older ones anyway) because they use different formats (and cannot be read unless formatted for the correct OS)