Buying an iPhone (firmware 1.1.1)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ellicit

Sep 14, 2007
Im thinking of buying an 8GB iPhone, you think it will have Firmware 1.1.1

or are they still selling the 1.0.2

Anyone recentlly bought one?

What chance I'll come home with 1.0.2?

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007

I would bet it would have 1.0.2. If they shipped them from the factory, I think it would take about 10-15 days to get to the store, so the odds are that they would be 1.0.2 for a month or so and then then new firmware will start to shipp. Just a thought.

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I would bet it would have 1.0.2. If they shipped them from the factory, I think it would take about 10-15 days to get to the store, so the odds are that they would be 1.0.2 for a month or so and then then new firmware will start to shipp. Just a thought.
I just bought a replacement with 1.0.2 on it 3 days ago. A week before this there were 1.1.1 phones already in stores...

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I just bought a replacement with 1.0.2 on it 3 days ago. A week before this there were 1.1.1 phones already in stores...
Were the ones in the store a demo phone or new in the box, I could be wrong and the 1.1.1 update is installed for all new phones as soon as it's out to everyone but would have thought that there would be some work in progress that would not have the update on a boat or on the dock somewhere. Where do they make these things anyway, I thought it was China?

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Were the ones in the store a demo phone or new in the box, I could be wrong and the 1.1.1 update is installed for all new phones as soon as it's out to everyone but would have thought that there would be some work in progress that would not have the update on a boat or on the dock somewhere. Where do they make these things anyway, I thought it was China?
When the update is released is not when the update was finished. They had 1.1.1. OTB phones in stores 2 days before the release of the firmware on the 27th.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007

my friend just bought 1 unit of iPhone and when i have checked the firmware it got 1.1.1 on it. my question is it possible to downgrade to 1.0.2 firmware and unlock it? since it locked and got 1.1.1 fw on it.