Buying an iPhone on eBay, safe?

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
What backup have you with craigslist , it is by no means safer . If you get conned where's the backup they could just throw away there sim and youde never see them again.
No backup on eBay really either, what happens if the seller claims to be in Cali and he don't send you crap and close his account? Lot easier to solve a local crime than cyber crime. At least on CL you can give a physical description of the person or something to go on because he is in your face. Can't alert police about a scam from 3000miles away, just my opinion though so OP do what you feel is best

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I have purchased a number of electronic products from eBay over the years and have been very satisfied. In the beginning I did not use paypal and was scammed on a Treo650. eBay made good on it and I received my money back after going through the process. I now use paypal and always go with the seller with the highest rating but never below 98% positive feedback. Just my input.

ladres

Bronze
Oct 8, 2010
buying stuff on ebay isn't save at all
im wayting for my iPhone 3g for years
and one of my friends just bought a brand new
playstation 3 case on ebay

my point is
there are to many peoples on ebay who just send nothing or just a eamty box to you

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
eBay is 100% safe. they have a payment policy. And if you don't get what you payed for. You get your money back. I have had this problem when I got scammed £300 for a 3GS. Got my money back + a Armani tie and cufflink set the seller sent me as a scam ahahaha

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
I am a seller with 99.9% positive on eBay and also buy a lot on eBay! The majority is phones and phone accessories! I bought a 3GS brand new off eBay and resold it when the 4 came out! The iPhone 4 was also an eBay purchase! Paypal always covers you!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
Lol is that directed at me? My .01 was a buyer that spoke no english that wanted the phone shipped from me as soon as payment was made on a Sunday! Yes, Sunday! I clearly couldn't ship on a Sunday, so i refunded him and he left me negative feedback. That's the downside of eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Jun 3, 2010
Is there anyway to transfer money into your paypal account instantly or maybe 1-2 days instead of 3-5?

Y

Ydeveloper

I have not bought iPhone from ebay. I have experience of buying laptop from that and it was a good experience that i got it on time. Based on this experience I can recommend to buy iPhone from ebay.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I have not bought iPhone from ebay. I have experience of buying laptop from that and it was a good experience that i got it on time. Based on this experience I can recommend to buy iPhone from ebay.
Spam signature removed. I also don't remember Waltham being on the Asian subcontinent.