Buying iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrdman715

Oct 30, 2007
So I was planning to buy an iPhone but the new tracking with a credit card thing scares me. Can they actually track me if i unlock my phone. Ive read other topics about this but people just talk about how they shouldn't do this. Is it safe to buy and unlock iPhone.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
So I was planning to buy an iPhone but the new tracking with a credit card thing scares me. Can they actually track me if i unlock my phone. Ive read other topics about this but people just talk about how they shouldn't do this. Is it safe to buy and unlock iPhone.
Yes they can track you and Apple will send the suits to your house to take your iPhone and any other Apple stuff you may have away! Don't do it!

:p

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Apple is "trying" to employ some control measures, however I wouldn't be worried that they will take any actions even if they suspect that your phone has not been activated and used with their blessing. I've not heard of a single instance where they have done anything more than deny ordinary service such as warranty.

The only thing you have to worry about is your loss of warranty coverage, and the hassle of a bricked phone if they ultimately are unsuccessful in outsmarting the Modders.

mrdman715

Oct 30, 2007
Lol thanks guys and shawn for your non sarcastic answer. I know they wouldn't literally go to my house but i was afraid they'd charge my card if they suspect i haven't unlocked it. but thanks