Buying iTunes credit

1. mjeagent New Member Bronze

Can one just buy iTunes credit for yourself or do you actually have to buy a iTunes gift card for yourself, email it to yourself, get the code number and enter it.
    I just want to add another $100 or so to my existing iTunes account.

2. iigreatoneii Member Bronze

The way I understand it is, and I'm just going by what I've read from others, is that you have to buy two $50 iTunes Gift Cards and have them shipped, not emailed, to you. Then you can use them towards music in iTunes. They state that you can not buy iTunes Gift Cards electronically, which is by having it emailed to you. It must be shipped to your address. This is how I've understood it to go after reading several other posts related to this topic. I myself did not use mine towards iTunes Gift Cards, but I'm pretty sure that is how it has to be done. If anyone who has actually used their $100.00 dollar credit towards iTunes gift Cards could step in an verify, I'd appreciate it.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. BamBam Member

Yes, I believe you must get the iTunes Gift Card. Other formats are explicitly excluded from the agreement.

I have done it myself and the cards are in transit.

I suggest you order 4 x $25 RED cards and then you'll also be contributing to a great cause. (If that's your bag)

5. mjeagent New Member Bronze

Sorry, let me clarify. Not using the $100 Apple Store credit. I simply want to use my own money and add funds to my iTunes account. Is the only way to do this to purchase an Apple iTunes Gift Card and use it yourself?

6. BamBam Member

If you want to use your own funds you can just link a credit card to your iTunes account and purchase with one-click type shopping as you go.
    To 'charge' up your account, you can go to the iTunes Store and email yourself an iTunes Gift Certificate, that way there is no waiting, and only one credit card transaction. Up to $200 amounts.

I cannot see a more direct way of increasing your account balance.

Good luck.