Buying music

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I don't remember "back in the day" refresh my memory. What's changed that's not as easy as it used to be?

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Is it just me, or was music easier to buy back in the day? From a choice perspective...
Music back in the day was going into your local music store and buying what you want. Nowadays, most of our is digital downloads and there are a number of artists who have theur music on their band page and there is always iTunes which has come a long way.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For me, it's iTunes or Amazon. In my experience, Amazon is often a bit cheaper on some things. As a Prime member, I use their Music app a bit more. Having access to music in the Amazon Cloud is a nice plus.

I don't know if buying music isn't as easy. I think people are shifting away from buying. It's definitely something I've tried and struggled with. I've tried Beats, Spotify and others.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Today alone I've spent time to look into buying music. And, I guess with the sheer plethora of music, thus the 'difficulty' in buying.
Yes, the process is easy, a click of a button really. But, maybe I'm simply not looking at the 'latest' tracks properly...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Today alone I've spent time to look into buying music. And, I guess with the sheer plethora of music, thus the 'difficulty' in buying.
Yes, the process is easy, a click of a button really. But, maybe I'm simply not looking at the 'latest' tracks properly...
I only buy albums if I'm a fan of the artist. I don't go looking for new music to buy. My music discovery is limited to what's on Songza. I have Sirius, but with that service, I'm listening to oldies. That is, if you can call 80s music "the oldies".

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Where did the radio stations in the music app go? I had 8 stations set, and looked earlier and only 3 remained. Checked around, and others have had their stations vanish as well. I found a couple more I like ok, but the ones I had are gone. Anyone know what Apple did here? And why?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.