Buying the first iPhone

Jun 9, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
So I decided I can't pass up the amazing deal im getting on a version1 16gb iPhone. My only question is how would one go about activating an older iPhone currently? Would I have to lock into a two year plan in order to get the same data plan which seems to cost lest then data plans for regular phones on cingulars network?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Well only difference between me and you is that I'm still looking for a 16gb iPhone...
-But what I plan to do is go to T-mobile and get it activate their cause their plans are amazingly affordable and you get the same thing for cheaper than you do on At&t(cingular).

T-mobile: 600 minutes with unlimited weekends $40 dollars, + unlimited data $5 dollars, with unlimited text $15 dollars!
Total:$60 dollars! :cool:
-V1 iPhone plans start at $60 dollars for the most basic plan:oops:
-Even the most basic iPhone 3G plans start at $70 dollars! :oops:

Jun 9, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Although thats extremely tempting (i would gladly switch to T-mobile), i have to stay on AT&T.

(Edit: Could you show me where you see unlimited data for $5 a month? I'm not seeing it.)

I figure the most basic plan is $60 for cingular +$20 for unlimited texting. I can handle the extra $20 a month...its just im not really sure as to what I have to do in order to activate and previous model iPhone.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Its in the "services and accessories" tab, then look at the web and apps. . .
-I know! I as shocked too at the price :p

People tell me to use a program called ziPhone to unlock and jailbreak it then take it to T-mobile to get a sim card, and data set-up :)