Bypass activation for 1.1.1?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I just bought a new iPhone with 1.1.1 and I want to unlock it with the new anySIM 1.1. But to use Tinman's method, I need to have access to Safari, and since the phone isn't activated yet, I can't get access to Safari. Does anyone know if I can still bypass activation with 1.1.1 or another way I could unlock this phone without activating it?

(I don't want to activate it with a contract since I'm not going to keep this phone for me.)

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
This is from hackint0sh!

You don't need to activate your phone to use Safari: just follow this guide (i tried it, worked perfect, put you need to be SUPER quick when you pick a network)

1. enter "*#307#" press call, now use the back button on the top of your screen to remove "*#307#", now enter "0" , press call, press answer, press hold, press decline. And you get to the contact list.

And thereafter every time you push the homebutton you just slide the "emergency call" slide, then enter "0", press call, press hold, press decline

2. Push contacts, end call and you get called again, this time hit decline and you access one of menus with favorites, you can edit contacts, do a test ride on keyboard, take photos etc.

3. Now edit a new contact and type in a web-address

4. When you tap the address safari opens but only displays an error saying that it cannot access the website, it also looks like safari freezes up.

5. Now press the home button, and for a split second the iPhone shows a screen where you can select wi-fi networks. Now you have to be really quick and select a network before the phone freezes.

6. Next you get Back to the "emergency call page" and every on screen button has frozen so the only thing you can do is turn off the phone.

7. Turn the iPhone off then on again

8. Now you can go back to the contact list by Dialing 0, push call, then answer, then contacts, then hit that web address you typed in.

19. And Voilla, you can now use your iPhone with safari....

This will help you to go the website jailbreak.toc2rta.com to jailbreak the iPhone!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Ah jeez, I really wish you would have told me this earlier lol. I just signed a contract with AT&T just to get it activated and I'm going to cancel within 3 days to get a full refund of contract. But hey, this is great news for future phones I will buy. Thanks!

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
will they make it a big deal if you do that? and will they deactivate your iPhone? If you successfuly activate, and unlock your iPhone, please post a write up for us.. Thanks :)