Caissa Chess Upgrade to V2.1

nolimit4

Jul 6, 2007
Being a chess addict, I've really enjoyed the Caissa Chess APP version 2.0.1 which I think is a great value for $9.99. I was excited this a.m. when the APP Store flashed a notice for a free upgrade to version 2.1. After installing it, the older version 2.0.1 was gone as expected. When I touch the new version 2.1, it tries to load for about 5 seconds and then just stops and returns to the previous screen. I posted an email at the Caissa website but no reply yet. Has anyone else have this problem? If yes, is there a workaround? FYI, I have one of the original 8Gb iPhone from 2007 (that is, a non-3G one). I have previously successfuly installed the 2.1 iPhone software upgrade. Thanks! Rob

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
Reboot your phone (hold the Home and Sleep buttons until Apple logo appears). That fixes like 99 percent of app crashing issues.

nolimit4

Jul 6, 2007
Thanks but that was the first thing I tried. It did not work. The app still tries to load but then gives up after 5 seconds and returns to the previous screen.

ychinskiy

Sep 22, 2008
This is known issue that can be fixed

Hi,

I am one of the developers of Caissa Chess.

We know about the issue with upgrading to 2.1

Please delete the application from iPhone and reinstall.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us at support@caissa.us Please note that the issue does not effect new customers, and we are determined to fix it in the next release.

nolimit4

Jul 6, 2007
ychinskiy

Your guidance helped. As directed, I deleted the APP and then did the install again. The system (iTunes or Caissa?) recognized that I had already purchased the earlier version. So this was a no cost upgrade. After the install, it now works first time every time. I am pleased with the new features. Good job and thanks again for your help!

asmirnov

Oct 3, 2008
Caissa V2.1 doesn't like iPhone

Yes, have the same problem - upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.1 today, now the game hangs there for a few seconds and then nothing happens, no magic.
Anybody has a workaround?
What is the home web site for Caissa?
Thanks
Being a chess addict, I've really enjoyed the Caissa Chess APP version 2.0.1 which I think is a great value for $9.99. I was excited this a.m. when the APP Store flashed a notice for a free upgrade to version 2.1. After installing it, the older version 2.0.1 was gone as expected. When I touch the new version 2.1, it tries to load for about 5 seconds and then just stops and returns to the previous screen. I posted an email at the Caissa website but no reply yet. Has anyone else have this problem? If yes, is there a workaround? FYI, I have one of the original 8Gb iPhone from 2007 (that is, a non-3G one). I have previously successfuly installed the 2.1 iPhone software upgrade. Thanks! Rob

ychinskiy

Sep 22, 2008
Hi,

I am one of the developers of Caissa Chess.

We know about the issue with upgrading to 2.1

Please delete the application from iPhone and reinstall.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us at support@caissa.us Please note that the issue does not effect new customers, and we are determined to fix it in the next release.

nolimit4

Jul 6, 2007
I was remiss in not reporting earlier the successful help I received from the Caissa team. Please see their replies above and below your message. Their support is outstanding! Version 2.1 is great. Their web site is http://www.caissa.us/

Yes, have the same problem - upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.1 today, now the game hangs there for a few seconds and then nothing happens, no magic.
Anybody has a workaround?
What is the home web site for Caissa?
Thanks