Calendar alert sound?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have been able to change all my alert sounds with ibrickr except for the calendar sound. No matter which sound I use, even if it's a sound successfuly working on another alert, I cannot get it to change the calendar alert sound. I do it the same way as the others and even restart the phone but I still get the beeps for the calendar alert. Any ideas?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I have been able to change all my alert sounds with ibrickr except for the calendar sound. No matter which sound I use, even if it's a sound successfuly working on another alert, I cannot get it to change the calendar alert sound. I do it the same way as the others and even restart the phone but I still get the beeps for the calendar alert. Any ideas?
The same exact thing happens to me. Just a flaw obviously. If you know what file it should be replacing then you could always just replace the file with one of your own.

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Same Here all the other sounds work except for calander sound can't figure it out!Thought i was doing something wrong but I guest not

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
Ok so I got home and fired up iBrickr... if you have it follow along...

1. Navigate to directory system/library/audio/uisounds
2. Click on "alarm.caf" and then download which puts the file into the iBrickr directory on your computer.
3. After you clicked download it should have opened windows explorer and the you should see the alarm.caf file.
4. Rename this file alarm.bak.caf for backup purposes
5. Find and rename the file you wish to replace the alarm file with and rename it yadayadayada.caf if the file is in .wav format it will carry over... if not you may have to convert it to .wav then rename to .caf.
6. click Upload in iBrickr and the new file will replace the stock file.
7. VOILA... enjoy your new alarm sound. :)

Incidentally this is my first "how to" post... how'd I do?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT

2. Click on "alarm.caf" and then download which puts the file into the iBrickr directory on your computer.
3. After you clicked download it should have opened windows explorer and the you should see the alarm.caf file.
5. Find and rename the file you wish to replace the alarm file with and rename it yadayadayada.caf if the file is in .wav format it will carry over... if not you may have to convert it to .wav then rename to .caf.

Ok cool. Now my question is, when iBrickr tried to auto replace it before, what file did it actually replace? Some other sound?

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
worked awesome GREAT POST!Thanks

johnnyshu

Sep 19, 2007
Calendar and other sounds etc...

Could someone upload some soundfx I can't find any and need to change some out. Or if you could atleast point me in the right direction. Thanks

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal

OMG, thanks so much!:laugh2:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
It's not working, I must be doing something wrong. I tried twice, it adds it on the listso the alarm.caf and the new one I named calalrt.caf are both there but when I test the calendar it still has the low beep alarm it had before.

johnnyshu

Sep 19, 2007
Sounds to download

If someone could please post a link to a site where I could download some sound fx I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks is advance!

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
If someone could please post a link to a site where I could download some sound fx I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks is advance!
If you are on a windows system... open Windows Explorer and go to search, select the c: drive and type in *.wav in the search window and it will pull up all the beeps, buzzes, chirps and hoots that your computer makes.

I've imported many of these as ringtones, the windows themes logons make great ringtones. :)

Neo001

Oct 1, 2007

Dude . . . You rock ! at first it did not worked but hey on the 4 attempt I soft reset and voila , I got my very own and very different sound thanks to your guide , thanks again dude !

p.s. What is everybody using for alarm sound ? any especial web page where can I download .wav files ?