Calendar app asks for password

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by BrownGem, Apr 18, 2015.

1. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Every time I add an event to my calendar a password box pops up. Of course there is no password and I just click ok or cancel to close it. I have searched for an answer to this issue but no luck. I put my work schedule in this app so it is very annoying ( I used nice words here lol). How can I make it stop!

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Are you referring to the stock calendar app?

Are you jailbroken?

3. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

I am not jailbroken. Stock app on iPad

4. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

I have 2 calendars listed in the stock app...the default one, and another with a nickname. I am asked for a yahoo account password. Just a bit more information if this helps. I don't sync to any cloud calendars.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Do any email accounts you have on iPad setup with calender when you go to settings-mail and check each account?

6. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Hm...Calendars is turned on under my Yahoo mail account. If I turn it off it tells me it will delete all yahoo calendars. This may be the problem. Working on this theory.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I also see questions online about this with yahoo and answers go to the key chain topic but I'm unsure about that stuff.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This is because you're syncing to Yahoo. You can fix this by enabling iCloud and syncing your calandars through it. After iCloud calandars are toggled on, you can toggle Yahoo calandars off. Is there a reason you aren't already syncing to iCloud? It's the optimal way to sync on an iPhone/iPad and I can't think of any reason not to use it.

9. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Thanks Europa. Guess I am just not fond of clouds :)...the syncing kind that is. I will work on this.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I love it and can't imagine not having it. One of many examples is that it pushes your contacts (and bookmarks, calandars, etc.) and keeps them up to date on all devices and makes it so you don't ever have to rely on backups. You could restore to factory and then sync them back on without ever using the backup. I used to pay $99 a year for this service (when Apple called it Mobile Me) and love the fact that it's free now. It's very secure if you use two-step verification, so I can't think of a single reason not to use it.