Calendar events and changing time zones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Docd, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Taking a trip and set my plane reservations up in calendar. Now by default all the times are already set to local time of the departure/arrival city. But when I change time zones (in this case 3 hours) it adjust the times on the calendar automatically.

Anyway to fix this.

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Try Going to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/ scroll down to the bottom of the page and look at the Time Zone Support setting and try changing it to see if it makes a difference. This setting is usually on by default and you may need to turn it off. For a better explanation go to http://blog.millard.org/2011/08/time-zone-support-on-iphone.html

3. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Thanks. That's only half I was looking for. When I do that it screws up the time the other way. I was looking for a way to lock in to the time I set on a case by case event. As an example is I set my flights an I cross time zones it shifts all of my flight times by 3 hours. Wish I could lock each by the local time.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

From what I understand you will need to set the calendar so that times don't get changed when changing time zones then reset all the incorrect times manually but that sounds too much like work. With luck someone else will have the correct answer and we can both learn something.