Calendar Events showing as GMT?

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
Good day everyone.

I apologize if this has been discussed (and solved hopefully!). Search didn't return anything...

In my calendar, I see the events with a time but then also another time - the GMT time zone. Quite confusing to me...

I have tried adding time zone support - no luck. Tried adding the correct time zone to my icloud account - no luck. Tried not having time zone support - no luck. Am I missing something?

Is there a way to disable to GMT or even change it to EST (Toronto)?

iPhone 6 + on IOS 8.1.1
Thanks.

Torinate

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I recommend doing a search on the web for "calendar gmt iOS 8". I've found a bunch of links. Some seem to think it's related to exchange settings.
YMMV

mmanut

Dec 29, 2014
Have the same problem, it's a bug in the latest update. Called Apple Support and they are aware of the issue and their exact words to me were "we are working hard with Google to find a Fix for this problem" Just hope it's fast because it sure is irritating.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I found this. If it's what you call Support, then you have tried it.
Check Settings>; Mail, Contacts, Canedar>scroll to Calendar section... See if Time Zone Override is on or off... On will force to a selected time zone... Off will default to time zone of current location...

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
Set the override as well. Still have this issue. It's quite annoying. I use my calendar and rely on it. I find I have to double check the times. If I re-enter the appointment, it will get rid of the GMT time, but I don't know if the time is correct after a couple days. I'd like it to just work. Any news of a fix on the horizon? Any fix to the Air Drop glitch either?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Set the override as well. Still have this issue. It's quite annoying. I use my calendar and rely on it. I find I have to double check the times. If I re-enter the appointment, it will get rid of the GMT time, but I don't know if the time is correct after a couple days. I'd like it to just work. Any news of a fix on the horizon? Any fix to the Air Drop glitch either?
The override should be off. Is yours on? Try adding a new Calandar event after you turn it off. Are you syncing through iCloud, Gmail or Exchange?