Calendar item alert glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by iPutz, Sep 20, 2015.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I was curious if anyone else has noticed this. Before iOS9, when I would enter a new calendar event, I would give it a name, start date and time. I could also set two alerts to that event for a time prior to the event. The initial "Alert" was set at one of 9 preset times and the "Second Alert" was set, from the same list of preset times, but for a time somewhat closer to the calendar event. Under iOS9 if I try using that method, the entry for "Second Alert" causes the initial "Alert" entry to be changed to match that of the "Second Alert". Under iOS9 it seems that the "Second Alert" entry must be for a time prior to the initial alert time rather than after it as had been true before. The same is also true of my iPad as well. This is happening with an un-jailbroken iPad 3 and an un-jailbroken iPhone 6.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That's how it's been all along for me. My first alert would be 2 hours prior to the event. My second alert would be the day before. It's been that way as long as I can recall.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

That would happen occasionally to me as well but entering one alert would never change the value of the other until now, it may have shifted it to the other position but not change it. Oh well, I will just need to get used to entering the second alert first and then the other one after. Weird?!?!

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just tested it on 8.4 and the first sometimes changed after a second alert was added. It wasn't consistent.

I always add two alerts, but I usually add the second alert first (for sooner date), so I never noticed it.

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I would expect it to at least be consistent in the way it acts. Oh well, at least I know I'm not the only one who is having this issues with this, Thanks Y'all.

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

OK, it is time to start scratching my head. This morning I entered a calendar appointment and everything was working as it used to with the alerts. I tried two more fake ones and it all works the way it used to. Is that Rod Serling's voice I hear saying something about having crossed over into the "Twilight Zone"???

7. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

9.0.1 is out. One of the issues it addresses relates to alarms and timers.

YMMV