Calendar not showing in notification

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chazm, Oct 16, 2011.

1. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

I can't figure this out. My GF and friends iPhone shows the calendar in the notification. For some reason mine won't. What am I doing wrong? Here's the set up

Attached Files:

2. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

And I just noticed that if I move the calendar up manually in the notifications it automatically goes way down near the bottom. Doesn't do that on my GF phone

3. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Go to settings/ notifications/ calendar.. Make sure the top button (notification center) is toggeled on.

4. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

Do you have notifications set to sort by time or manually?

5. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Yeah I did that. Look at my first pic

Update though, I made an event for today and it shows in the calendar but it doesn't show tomorrows events, and I know it's supposed to.

Also, if I manually move the notifications around they go back to its own order

6. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Manually

7. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

I don't think i will show you tomorrow's appointments, at least it doesn't for me. I have it set to show me 5 items and it only shows me today's items. Maybe you should do a hard reset if it keeps re-aaranging the sort order.

8. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

That sucks, my GF phone does show an event for Friday though

Edit: right after I posted this I scrolled the notification and noticed it now shows tomorrow events!

9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Might shows on notification, but it's 2 for each event. Anybody having this issue?

10. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

How many calendars do you have in calendar? I have 3, I had to turn off my outlook calendar because it went nuts and duplicated every holiday like 90 times. It's possible that you have the same event on more than one calendar, or if you had to delete and resync your iCloud account it could have been duplicated that way.

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

thanks, i just have one calendar, and I just noticed that its on the calendar itself that events are duplicated. I had the same problem on 4.0 where contacts phone numbers were duplicates. I don't know why it does this. I need to check my syncing settings, maybe there's something there.

12. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

I know when I set up iCloud, and MobileMe previously, If I didn't tell it to merge contacts and calendar...I would end up with duplicates.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk