calendar search?

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
Does the iPhone have a calendar keyword search/find function available?

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
calendar search more specific

Is there a search in the calendar function that would allow me to find...

say I enter the word "physical" on the 16th of January 2008 and its now the 17th of June 2008,

I want to find out when my last "physical" occurred, so I would like to be able to enter "phy" as a keyword and it would find all occurrences of "phy" in my calendar entries...including my "physical" entry on the 16th of January.
This would be extremely handy....hope the iPhone has it or will in the near future.

thanks

Argelius

Jul 1, 2007
Is there a search in the calendar function that would allow me to find...

say I enter the word "physical" on the 16th of January 2008 and its now the 17th of June 2008,

I want to find out when my last "physical" occurred, so I would like to be able to enter "phy" as a keyword and it would find all occurrences of "phy" in my calendar entries...including my "physical" entry on the 16th of January.
This would be extremely handy....hope the iPhone has it or will in the near future.

thanks
Unfortunately, there is NO way to search the calendar. With the 2.0 software update, contact (Addressbook) searching is possible, but not with the calendar. A surprising (and annoying) omission. Many are hoping an App will appear in the App Store (in iTunes) that will add this functionality. Unfortunately, none of the current 3rd Party Apps do anything to enhance the core functions of the iPhone OS.

(For Jailbroken (hacked) 1.1.4 phones, there was a calendar search application available, so it is possible. Unfortunately, with the 2.0 update, none of the old Jailbroken apps are working yet).

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
The new google app also shows the ability to search the iPhone but again this is limited to contacts at present. I prefer it to the contact search. Hopefully Apple will permit this functionality soon.

Sep 18, 2010
Xman,

I was also quite frustrated. I recently stumbled on something right under my nose. If you hit the middle button a second time, a search page with the heading "search iPhone" comes up. Everything in your calendar can easily be found by using that. Another way to access it, is to open main page (springboard), and slide it to the right..(the opposite way than if you were accessing more pages of apps.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I was just about to tell you that you can search the calendar via the 'Spotlight' page to he left of the home screen....

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Well I don't think spotlight existed in 2.0 which is what this thread was asking about back in 2008 lol. Maybe it will help someone in the future though.

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Well, to be dumb and off topic - how do you tell what year a post is from?

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Ah! I'm using the app so that explains it! Thanks. :)