Calendar sharing

CaptJack

Aug 25, 2009
I currently enter calendar events on my computer and my secretary enters additional ones on her computer, then they are synced between those two computers and my iPhone. Can Mobile-Me accommodate this without having the third party application I am currently using?

Thanks for the help.

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yes Mobile Me can do this.

When any updates are added to your Mobile Me calendar and you sync your phone with Mobile Me all the updated information will be on your phone. It's quite simple.

Mobile Me costs though, you do get a small trial period. You should probably try that before purchasing.

CaptJack

Aug 25, 2009
I am currently using it under the trial program. However to get the syncing working fully, I would have to give access to my mobile me account to my secretary, right?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I am currently using it under the trial program. However to get the syncing working fully, I would have to give access to my mobile me account to my secretary, right?
Yes you would.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Glad to help. Mobile Me is very good, look more in depth to see if it will benefit you in the workplace.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just so you know, you can do this for free using Google Calendar.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I was going to add this, but if it's for work purposes then it wouldn't really matter. As it's his secretary I didn't think there would be any issues with accounts etc..

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but can you send calendar information to Google Calendar to make it sync with his/my iphone- once it's been sync'd obviously

robe070

Aug 25, 2009
Google Sync for iPhone to Google Calendar.
Sync In a Blink for iPhone to Google Contacts.

robe070

Aug 25, 2009
Sync In a Blink is not a Google app. Google Sync allows Contacts to be synced but its not as good. I haven't got the references as to what is different.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I like the theory of Mobile Me and the sync via the cloud works quite well.

What I do not like is the very unstable web browsing experience (via Safari). The screen will refresh while you are entering a calendar entry and you have to start over. Trying to create a album to load pictures, get it all set up and the screen refreshes.

Also, I have no idea how MM decides on the sort.

I too would like to have someone else be able to send appointments to my calendar and MM sync to my phone and various computers without giving them access to my entire MM account.

I would also like MM to allow me to sync my calendar and my wife's.

The iPhone needs a way to allow you to send the calendar entry you create to others too.