Calendar Subscriptions Not Appearing

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
anyone able to have their subscribed calendars appear on the iPhone now? it was working fine before v2, but now i only see appointments that i've entered...no more Yankees schedule and nothing from iConcertCal.

Sucks.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Nope - not here. I have a U.S. holidays calendar I subscribe to and it doesn't appear on my iPhone. And the Birthdays calendar that's populated by my Address Book isn't showing either. Damn. I need to look into this!

Jul 25, 2008
Ardooie, Belgium
Don't have an iPhone myself (yet, on order since 11/07 ... don't ask) so i don't know if this is possible or a bug.

If not possible, just take a look at this new AppStore application; Upcoming (Upcoming looks at your addressbook data and lists the birthdays of all your friends and family members.)

fedexgnd

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Subscriptions won't work with MobileMe. This is what I did to get past it

Save the .ics file to your desktop, of your favorite calendar you subscribe to. Then import it into calendar on Me.com.

Hope this helps and works, like it did for me.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Ahhhhh! It was there before the update. Since it is summer and I am not in school I don't look at my calendar that much anymore. I hope this gets fixed I have the US Holidays as well, love it, and like my other subscriptions as well!

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
d@mn! i really wanted this for iConcertCal, which i cant seem to have appear in iCal anymore either...anyone using this? it's great when it works.

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
I have been having the same problem. At first they wern't showing up in mobile me's calendars and the iPhone. Now they show up on the mobile me calendar, but still not the iPhone. I have talked to someone at the Apple store and they said that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

resworb100

Aug 4, 2008
I have been having the same problem. At first they wern't showing up in mobile me's calendars and the iPhone. Now they show up on the mobile me calendar, but still not the iPhone. I have talked to someone at the Apple store and they said that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
subscriptions seem not to show up in mobile me. But if you have them on ical you can turn off the mobile me syncing in your iPhone,..on the phone, turn off the mobile me syncing on your mac and just sync the iPhone with ical directly when you sync
Its old fashioned and not any better than palm 5 years ago but until the subsriptions are available on mobile me its the only way.
I tried a work around by exporting the subscription to my desktop them imported it back into ical then letting it sync..this will work but everytime i did htis to update i got another copy on my ical and phone.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I do not understand why the calendar subscriptions showed up on my iPhone before and now are not...
I hope they fix this because I manually removed all my holidays that I previously manually entered in the iPhone since they were doubled with the holiday calendar subscription and now I have none. Double or nothing? lol!

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I do not understand why the calendar subscriptions showed up on my iPhone before and now are not...
I hope they fix this because I manually removed all my holidays that I previously manually entered in the iPhone since they were doubled with the holiday calendar subscription and now I have none. Double or nothing? lol!
Before 2.0 you were syncing via cable, yes? That worked. I don't believe the subscription sync came over with push/wireless.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Crap. I just deleted the Holiday Calendar subscription. At least the holidays I manual enter stick on both the phone and the ical.

mikef1182

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I hope they fix this soon. I just found out about ical subscriptions, and I loaded up a bunch and would love to have them wireless sync.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I, too, would really like to have my Birthdays subscription sync with my iPhone. I hate missing people's Bdays :/ Any news on progress with this?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
The subscriptions not syncing seems stupid to me. But I bought my .mac account before mobile me, so I will not complain about how the Mobile Me works or does not work. I did not buy it for the sync, that is just a bonus.

I actually entered everyone's birthday as a yearly recurring event on the iPhone, and those synced with ical. It makes sense that the iPhone should automatically pull the birthdays and anniversaries from the address book and shove them into the calendar app...I wonder why it does not do that.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
This is from the MobileMe support section on Apple:
================================
Syncing calendar subscriptions

TS1213
Symptoms
iCal can subscribe to various calendars, including some calendars provided by Apple or published by other MobileMe members. When syncing iCal data with MobileMe, you may see some unexpected results:

• When syncing subscription calendars between a Mac and an iPhone/iPod touch wirelessly via MobileMe Sync: Subscription calendars do not appear in your iPhone/iPod touch.

• When syncing subscription calendars between a Mac and a Microsoft Windows-based PC: Subscription calendars do not appear in Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007.

• When syncing subscription calendars between a Mac and MobileMe Calendar: Subscription calendars do not appear on MobileMe Calendar.

• When syncing subscription calendars between two Mac OS X 10.5-based Macs: After adding a calendar subscription on one Mac and syncing to MobileMe, events for that calendar may not download on the second Mac until you open iCal. As a result, if you are syncing a device (iPhone, iPod touch, and so forth) via iTunes with the second computer, the calendar subscription events may not sync with that device until after you open iCal at least once to download the events.

• When syncing subscription calendars from a Mac OS X 10.5-based Mac to a Mac OS X 10.4-based Mac: If the calendar is not set to automatically refresh, the subscribed calendar may not automatically download the calendar events when first opening iCal in Mac OS X 10.4.

Resolution
Syncing from one Mac to another

If you have just subscribed to a calendar on one computer, and you are syncing calendar data with another Mac, open iCal on all other computers that you are syncing calendars with and allow the events to be downloaded. If the calendar data does not download automatically, you may need to refresh the calendar.

Syncing to an iPhone/iPod touch, or with a Windows-based PC

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.

Additional Information
Mac OS X 10.4 and Mac OS X 10.5 handle calendar subscriptions differently, both in iCal and in syncing with MobileMe.

Mac OS X 10.4: Subscribed calendars are listed along other calendars, and are denoted by an arrow icon in iCal. When syncing subscribed calendars, the calendar information and settings, and all of the events, are synced to MobileMe.
Mac OS X 10.5: Subscribed calendars are listed in their own section of the iCal calendar list. When syncing subscribed calendars to MobileMe, the calendar information and settings for the calendar is synced, but all of the downloaded events are not. This is done to help streamline the syncing process with MobileMe, as it prevents syncing redundant information to other computers with an Internet connection.
Disclaimers
This document will be updated as more information becomes available.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Impaler- thanks for the info.

I do not see a resolution for syncing the calendar subscription to the iPhone. Am I not understanding, or is there still none? I am reading the article in a loud car, so my brain may not be working well.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Impaler- thanks for the info.

I do not see a resolution for syncing the calendar subscription to the iPhone. Am I not understanding, or is there still none? I am reading the article in a loud car, so my brain may not be working well.
*Syncing to an iPhone/iPod touch, or with a Windows-based PC*

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.

SO...that means no solution yet. i did manage to import my iConcertCal to the iPhone. still no Yankees schedule or Korean Holidays. damn.