Calendar Sync Fix - it WAS Live Search...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mshaw1515

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
I know there are several threads on the Outlook Sync / Live Search issue. I followed all instructions, turned off the add in, and un-installed Live Search. At least I thought i uninstalled Live Search.

Go to Calendar and switch view to All Calendar Items. If you're still seeing this icon then you haven't deleted all parts of the Live Search program.

Go back to Add/Remove programs and sift through and delete any Microsoft Search related Apps. I had to delete Microsoft Desktop search too.

My Calendar is syncing perfectly now - YEAH!

Hope that helps...

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I know there are several threads on the Outlook Sync / Live Search issue. I followed all instructions, turned off the add in, and un-installed Live Search. At least I thought i uninstalled Live Search.

Go to Calendar and switch view to All Calendar Items. If you're still seeing this icon then you haven't deleted all parts of the Live Search program.

Go back to Add/Remove programs and sift through and delete any Microsoft Search related Apps. I had to delete Microsoft Desktop search too.

My Calendar is syncing perfectly now - YEAH!

Hope that helps...
What version of Outlook did it fix for you? I've looked and I cannot find any instances of Live Search. But I know it's out there, as it'll pop up in IE on the double-underlined links.

mshaw1515

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
What version of Outlook did it fix for you? I've looked and I cannot find any instances of Live Search. But I know it's out there, as it'll pop up in IE on the double-underlined links.
I'm using Outlook 2007. Did you see appts with the Live Search icon?

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I'm using Outlook 2007. Did you see appts with the Live Search icon?
Nope - using Outlook 2003. Right now, my solution is a disconnect between the two. I get a meeting notice, and manually add it to my iPhone - then accept the meeting to my outlook calendar. My corporate calendar is just too important to risk having the iPhone drop virtually all my reoccurring meetings. So, I'll sync music, videos, and photos. Calendar and contacts are a manual process.