Calendar times messed up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

frjps

Jun 20, 2007
I have all (5) of my calendars syncing to the iPhone, and all the events are on the phone, but they're all the wrong time! Can someone help me with this?!?

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
I had already tried that...didn't help....
The time is actually correct on the phone....appointments just don't sync w/ right time...
Any other suggestions? This is driving me nuts
So you should have 'turn on time zone support' set in Prefs/Advanced in iCal on your Mac - and the timezone on your Mac set to your local timezone in System Prefs/Date & Time/Time Zone

And then on the iPhone you should have settings/general/date & time time support ON

AND.. you need to have the iPhone Time Zone set to your local timezone

Do you have all 4 of those things set correctly?

Jul 12, 2007
So you should have 'turn on time zone support' set in Prefs/Advanced in iCal on your Mac - and the timezone on your Mac set to your local timezone in System Prefs/Date & Time/Time Zone

And then on the iPhone you should have settings/general/date & time time support ON

AND.. you need to have the iPhone Time Zone set to your local timezone

Do you have all 4 of those things set correctly?

I have a PC, all time settings seem to be correct.
Yes, time zone support is on
Yes, my time zone is showing

I even tried switching the phone to the 24 hour clock to see if that would help and it didn't

Jul 12, 2007
so are they all off by the same amount of time?

Are you using outlook with exchange for your calendars?
Yeah, the phone is always ahead one hour.
(exp. input a 5pm appt. into outlook will appear at 6pm when synced to the phone.....and if I input a 5pm appt directly onto the phone it will appear at 4pm in outlook)

What outlook "with exchange"?

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, the phone is always ahead one hour.
(exp. input a 5pm appt. into outlook will appear at 6pm when synced to the phone.....and if I input a 5pm appt directly onto the phone it will appear at 4pm in outlook)

What outlook "with exchange"?
Sounds like your Outlook and iPhone timezones don't match. Could have to do with the new Daylight Savings time?

Recommend turning on Timezone support on your iPhone and select your local timezone. See if that works.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Based on the issues that outlook suffered going through the timezone change - it's either an outlook issue - or a combined outlook iPhone issue.

You have another PC/someone else with an outlook calendar that you could temp sync with as a test?

Jul 12, 2007
Thank you thank you thank you! I found it. I feel like such an idiot that something so small was right under my nose (and tech supports nose) the whole time. It was the timezone in my PC. The "automatically adjust the clock for daylight savings time was not checked". Thank you to EVERYONE for your posts and help. Nikki