Calendar will not open

photojojo

Oct 15, 2008
the calendar will not open on my iPhone! I have it set to sync with Google and it has worked flawlessly up until now. When I tap the native calendar button I get a white screen, then a long lag of about 20 seconds, then it goes back to the home screen. I've done two hard resets by holding down home and power until the Apple logo comes on, then I let go.

Please help

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Sounds like you may have to do a restore. Do a backup first and then restore.

photojojo

Oct 15, 2008
Restore appears to not have worked. Makes me think there's a problem with nuevasync.com now. I'm trying to turn off syncing to them now, but it looks like it's hanging up. It's said turning calendar off for the last 5 minutes at least.

photojojo

Oct 15, 2008
I tried to follow the tips on the troubleshooting page, but when I tried to re sync the process just hung up not going anywhere. The turning calendars off message stayed on the screen for 15 minutes and nothing happened. I even tried to delete the accounts. As soon as I getbdone with this meeting I'm gonna restore and not back up, just start from scratch.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I tried to follow the tips on the troubleshooting page, but when I tried to re sync the process just hung up not going anywhere. The turning calendars off message stayed on the screen for 15 minutes and nothing happened. I even tried to delete the accounts. As soon as I getbdone with this meeting I'm gonna restore and not back up, just start from scratch.
Probably a good idea. Keep us posted and let us know how it works, you never know if sometime later another user will encounter the same problem.

photojojo

Oct 15, 2008
I restored again, but chose not to use the backup and all is well now. The calendar opens and syncs with Google like it has in the past. Since I had the calendar and contacts synced through Google I didn't lose any of that information, but I lost my notes. All of the apps synced back up, but I lost all progress in any games. I was on level 145 in Marble Mash, so that kinda sucks.

I don't know for sure what the problem was, but the appointments were still in the phone somewhere cause I was getting reminders. I just couldn't open the calendar.