Calendars with Siri

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
Ok, by now we have all seen the demos of a user asking Siri about their calendar and Siri replying whether or not anything is scheduled. I work swing shift, which means I might be on 1st shift one week, 3rd shift the next, or off the following week. My question is this....will I be able to put my schedule into my calendar, and then ask Siri what shift I'm on or if I have anything scheduled that day? If so, is there any easy way of inserting my schedule, rather than doing each and every single day manually? Thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It should work but I don't see a shortcut for entering your schedule.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
So once my schedule is inserted into my calendar, I should be able to ask Siri: for example....do I have anything scheduled for November 19th. Then if I had put first shift on that date, Siri should say 1st shift?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
In theory that's how it will work. Siri will show a popup of calendar for that day.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Me and son have been playing around with reminders and it is actually pretty fun
he has his set to put deodorant on
I have it reminding me to take food out of the freezer when I get home
This is the first week I actaully gotten to play a bid and I mus say once I have Siri and it is a easy set up (vocally) it will be just talking to me left and right and telling me what to do .......

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
@imutter
Saw the conversation you started. Every time I tried to reply or send a PM, the app crashed. So we will just have it here.  Anyway, do you work at FT. Knox or are you in the service?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app