Call AT&T ASAP! Big savings!

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by liberated, Feb 12, 2014.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

So I have a family data shared plan 4 lines 10Gig unlimited voice and text. I was paying over 200 dollars a month after a work discount. Saw an ad on TV from AT&T yesterday with a price that was way lower for the same plan, so I called and after a pleasant conversation I ended up with a new payment around 80 dollars less! So if you are with ATT, call and see if you are eligible! :)
    Went from 242.31 to 160.00

#1 liberated, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I had heard their new family plans offer some pretty nice discounts. My wife and I are the only ones on our plan, so I don't think we'd see any big savings.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Chris, I'd call them. They said that among other things they went to just 15 dollars per additional line, I believe it was more before, so you may get a discount on both the base rate and your wife's line on top of any work discounts.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It's worth a call to AT&T to see if you save any. This goes for anyone with that plan. Even if you only save $20, it's worth it.

5. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I went from $200 to $150 for 3-iphones. Had 6-gig of shared data, now we share 10-gig. I did it online.

6. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

This is a pretty big step to compete with T-Mobile and no longer subsidize phones.

7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Is this it?

"AT&T countered with cheaper Mobile Share Value plans. Unlimited talk, text and 10 gigs of data starts at $130 a month for two lines and $15 extra per line up to 10. The company also offers $100 credits on new lines added through March 31."

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Yes

9. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Cool. Great deal, I shall tell my mom.

10. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I did find this

"Significantly, this new pricing scheme only gives a discount to customers who either pay for their phone outright ("no-commitment pricing" in AT&T parlance), bring their own unlocked device (say, a Nexus 5), or use the carrier's Next early upgrade plan. If you want to buy a phone on-contract, you'll still need to pay $40 per line to add a phone to your Mobile Share plan. Tablets, hotspots, and feature phones will continue to cost anywhere from $10 to $20 per month to join a Mobile Share plan."

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I don't meet any of these qualifications and still got the plan on an existing account without having to sign a new two year contract.

12. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Did you have to pay any type of fee to swap to newer plan (to conver any phone subsidy)? That's awesome either way!

Note 3 ~ 5s

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

No, I had the same plan, I just asked for a new price match. They did it right away no questions asked.

14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Adding Call AT&T to my list for today.

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes it's a must! I never thought I'd save 82.00 dollars per month for 5 min. On the phone! I can do a lot with that money.

16. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Just came from AT&T. The way the plan works is they discount each line of the family share plan to $15 from $30 and the 10 gig data is reduced to $100 from $120. Now the catch! When you upgrade to a new phone it goes from $15 to $40. Now this increase is going to be for anyone upgrades switching plans or not. Do if you don't switch to this new plan you will go from $30 to $40 anyway. So next year at this time if I replace all 4 of the phone on my account I will be paying $20 more a month because I am paying $10 more per phone but the 10gig plan is $20 less.

It seems to me talking to the rep in the store is that they are upswing this to push the NEXT plan. With the NEXT plan you will stay at the $15 per line when you upgrade the phone plus the $34(I think) a month cost of the NEXT plan.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.

17. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

thank you switching online and getting more GB

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You're welcome, let us know how much you saved :)

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Heh. There's usually a catch wherever AT&T is involved. Remember when they offered almost everyone full subsidy on the iPhone 4? It was long before many normally would have been eligible. I think the goal was to lock as many people as possible into contracts with steep ETFs because the Verizon iPhone was right around the corner and they were worried about losing customers. They gave me full subsidy a year early for the 4 but wouldn't budge a couple weeks on the full subsidy the following year.

20. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I don't even understand what you are saying here. How's a price match a catch for a future plan? Why not implement the new plan without giving a price break?