call back call failed bug?

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
ok so i have this ugly issue with call failed. Apparently sometimes my phone won't call a number and I keep getting repeatly failed call even if I got reception, the call won't even go in. Today I called my girlfriend and her house number wouldn't dialed just prompt me to the call back screen, while her cell number went through, she told me she was using her house phone, so was it that the line was busy? I expect to hear the busy tone.

also I get a lot of drop calls especially on the freeway, now I had AT&T before the iPhone and never experienced this problems.
So anyone else having this problem?

SrLANGuy

Jul 22, 2007
ok so i have this ugly issue with call failed. Apparently sometimes my phone won't call a number and I keep getting repeatly failed call even if I got reception, the call won't even go in. Today I called my girlfriend and her house number wouldn't dialed just prompt me to the call back screen, while her cell number went through, she told me she was using her house phone, so was it that the line was busy? I expect to hear the busy tone.

also I get a lot of drop calls especially on the freeway, now I had AT&T before the iPhone and never experienced this problems.
So anyone else having this problem?
I discovered the same thing the other day and posted a message here about it.

Instead of a BUSY SIGNAL, the iPhone gives you CALL FAILED!

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I discovered the same thing the other day and posted a message here about it.

Instead of a BUSY SIGNAL, the iPhone gives you CALL FAILED!
Yesterday I had a failed call about 20 times in a row. I restarted the phone and then it worked fine. It was frustrating. I never had problems like this with att before this phone.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Yesterday I had a failed call about 20 times in a row. I restarted the phone and then it worked fine. It was frustrating. I never had problems like this with att before this phone.
yes this is really frustrating cause I didn't know what was going on. I know Restarting the phone helps but sometimes you need to make a call in a jiffy.

For a second I wanted to slam my iPhone cause I was in a hurry! But then I looked it at it and it was so beautiful I couldn't do it.
not to metion the 600 I spent on it.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I have this problem all the time. The signal is pretty good, yet I run into this issue. This problem is not with iPhone, because I had the same issue with my previous Nokia phones. I have been with AT&T for long now and I have to believe that its the AT&T which is causing this problem (even if you have a strong signal).

The other day, a friend of mine was trying to call me and I was as well trying to reach this dude and guess what I have this call back problem. I hung up the phone and called him back after 5 min and it was fine. It might also be that if the number you are trying to call is busy or for some reason is not responding, then you end up having this problem.

todd1010

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I had this happen before but and thought it was just me calling at a busy time on the ATT network. It would not let me call back the number I was just talking on but when I call a different number it went right through.