Call Blocker on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Angela16, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Angela16

Angela16 New Member

Does anyone know if there will ever be an app or utility that can block unwanted marketing calls on iPhone, I get bombarded weekly with calls and many of them silent, no-one speaks at the other end, soo infuriating, so far I have downloaded the silent ringtone which will help for now :)

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

You've come across an unfortunate limitation of the iPhone. As I noted in my guide on how to block calls on iPhone, the best solution is the silent iPhone ringtone and set it as the ringtone for unwanted callers. There are paid services through your carrier, but I find that worse than the calls themselves.

#2 chris, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  3. Angela16

Angela16 New Member

I know, the silent ringtone works for me just now so i guess its a start

4. Jujubean80

Jujubean80 New Member

And the call decline button works great for me

5. mturnerua

mturnerua New Member

Would be a nice feature for sure.

6. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I can blacklist but the issue with cold callers is they're using a different Call ID each time so...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. Seth Reece

Seth Reece New Member

There's an app called call blocker, but only if jailbroken

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

If jail broken try iBlacklist.. It rocks and has many options for blocking and logging... When I block a number using it, I have it set to a busy signal so I do not get a voicemail.. I also don't get missed call notification or even know they called...

It has a 7 day free trial I think then it's like $12 to purchase the registration code...

I have used it for about a year now and have had no issues with it whatsoever...

9. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

just got iBlacklist myself and it is really great.. You honestly have no idea

10. IceCold357

IceCold357 Contributor
    Silver

I love iBlacklist but just recently started using 360 Mobile Safe. It is excellent and has more features.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

11. Pixelologist

Pixelologist Member
    Bronze

One of those things I DO miss from my pre-iphone phones. I had a Nokia 6682 (back when THAT was the "it" phone....briefly) and loaded it up with tons of apps...including a blacklist/whitelist app that worked a charm. I do wish Apple would either build that functionality into iOS6 or allow developers the system access they'd need to take care of it.