Call Waiting & Conference Calling

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jyong11363

Jul 1, 2007
Hi all,

I finally got my iPhone activated after 48 hours and am just testing everything out right now. So far impressed with everything but I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems with call waiting and conference calling.

Me I can't activate call waiting so if I'm on the phone and someone else calls it goes straight to vociemail. Further, I think also related to this problem is that if I'm on the phone and I try to add in another call it says call failed, I guess because it won't let me have two calls going at the same time.

If this is normal let me know otherwise please let me know if something is wrong so I can call ATT tomorrow and get this problem fixed. I have to call them anyway since they placed me on the 99.99 plan instead of the 79.99 plan I signed up for. Thanks in advance.

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I don't believe that is normal. What you have to do is place one call on hold, then dial another number, and then merge those two calls. Otherwise, something is wrong, and I would call AT&T.

luckyjacks

Jul 2, 2007
The problem is with your ATT account. Log into your account at Cingular.com and you're probably missing some of the free features like calling waiting and 3 way calling. Just call ATT and they would be able to fix it.

jyong11363

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for the replies. Also was wondering if you could surf the web using EDGE at the same time as you were on the phone with someone, as I tried to do that and I got a message saying EDGE could not be found.

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
The problem is with your ATT account. Log into your account at Cingular.com and you're probably missing some of the free features like calling waiting and 3 way calling. Just call ATT and they would be able to fix it.
I'm a new ATT customer. What do I have to dial from my phone to get ATT directly?

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn

I agree and i would call and add it not on there site, i did it on there site once and everything got screwed up

jyong11363

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for the replies. Apparantly they hadn't got around to provisioning my account properly because when I woke up this morning everything was working correctly. Now both call waiting, three way calling and call forwarding all work.