Call Waiting on 3G iPhone

berylibee

Jan 14, 2009
Hi guys,

Probably really daft question but i cant get call waiting activated on my phone. I select to turn it on and it comes up with a warning that says "Could not save call waiting settings"

Any ideas?

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Does call waiting actually not work or is it just the setting? The reason I ask what may seem like a dumb question is that on my iPhone 3G with AT&T, in the settings call waiting is turned off. When I try to turn it on it simply switches itself back to off while I'm looking at it. However, call waiting works on my phone without problem but yet the setting is off. I don't get the same error message as you but it just won't turn on in the settings.

berylibee

Jan 14, 2009
Hi, Yeah i get what you mean. Ive just tried that and phoned it from another phone and it just went straight to voicemail when engaged...not sure whats going on.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
If you can, It might be worth a call to your carrier. Call waiting is generally a function of the carrier and the plan. It used to be easy, if you had an iPhone in the states it was AT&T.:laugh2: In any event, it may have something to do with your plan and not the phone at all.