Call waiting sound is annoying as callers think it's their call waiting!

Jason B

Aug 20, 2009
This is the only phone that does this! The call waiting sound comes through the phone line crystal clear and the other person on the other end hears it, not only do they hear it a little, they think it's their call waiting!

Why did Apple do this! This is very unprofessional sounding when you forward you businesss phone to your iPhone and a 2nd call comes in and the other party hears this beep super loud!

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
This is the only phone that does this! The call waiting sound comes through the phone line crystal clear and the other person on the other end hears it, not only do they hear it a little, they think it's their call waiting!

Why did Apple do this! This is very unprofessional sounding when you forward you businesss phone to your iPhone and a 2nd call comes in and the other party hears this beep super loud!
This is a feature that is built in for your benefit and for the benefit of the other caller.

If you don't like it, perhaps (a) you should have researched the issue, or (b) buy another phone that suits your needs better.

(I am, of course, just joking with you. I think it's funny in a sad way... haven't had this happen yet to be noticeable but I'll be on the lookout. Welcome to the club.)

Jason B

Aug 20, 2009
yes, what's funny is, the other person doesn't always tell you they heard it, but it's as loud as day, like it's coming from their own phone.

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
I have the same thing going on with my phone as well. I have not yet been able to find a fix for it, but from what other people said that have encountered this problem is that it was always fixed with an update. Hopefully one will come out soon for us. I agree it is annoying, really annoying. If you find a fix before then, please let me know and I'll do the same. Thanks.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
from my experience, this issue is new and never was there on any of my past iPhones or updates. I agree, it sux and I hope they fix this

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
No one had ever mentioned this to me until recently. I was on a call with my gf and got another call and she said "do you have another call coming in or is that mine"? I've never had anyone say that to me in the past. I don't know if it's something new since 3.0.1 or if she's the first one that actually has said anything to me.

Jason B

Aug 20, 2009
Have you guys been reporting this bug to Apple via their website?

This call waiting beep that the other party can hear is extremely annoying. When on a phone with a client they ask, do you want to get that, or is that your call waiting or mine etc… EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. Here is what I came up with. It is not a problem with the sim nor the network, but rather the firmware or the phone, some iPhones you can faintly hear it some you can definitely hear it, also seems that if it were faint the more apps or the more you use the phone the tone gets louder in due time.

If I put my AT&T sim into another phone not an iPhone the beep is no longer there (I put it in into a nokia n97, n95, sony erricson, tried it with almost every phone I had). I had the AT&T store swap 3 of my sims and the genius bar swap my phone 3 times, now I’m annoyed and would rather use the phone as an Ipod. I even put in a T-Mobile sim and same issue, other person can hear the stupid call waiting beep.
I believe it’s an issue with the firmware, or actual hardware of the iPhone 3gs as I don’t recall having this issue when I had the 1st gen phone.

Please someone help!

Ms Cola

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
www.marykay.com
I also have had my 3GS returned for the same reason. The guy at the Genius bar could not believe it was happening either. I didn't have this problem with my 1st generation.

Jason B

Aug 20, 2009
Please send a report into Apple and link this post.