Call your AT&T tonight...IMPORTANT

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
you should call and suggest it.... i mean it makes a lot more sense to do it the ticket way
No it doesn't. By doing this, you actually burden the customers that want one, by making them make 2 trips to the store. Who the hell can leave work at 9am to go get a ticket at some store? The whole reasoning behind the 6pm launch, is lost with this system.

I'd much rather take my chances and get in line at 6pm, than have some little jobless "rich kid" who's parents are buying the phone, get a ticket befor me, and end up getting one, when I'm a hard-working, tax-paying adult with responsibilities, that can't just leave work to go get a ticket. That's stupid.

mdixon1988

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
springfield, missouri
I called 2 atts in springfield and the first one said FCFS the second one said the managers had been in meetings all day and they wont know anything for sure until 4:30 tomorrow.:eek:

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Think about it.... In this day and age, they could issue some sort of ticket online, via some sort of lottery or first-come-first serve. Take the ticket to the Apple or AT&T store at 6pm and walk out with your iPhone.

There are numerous ways to release the first set of iPhones to the public WITHOUT anyone having to stand in a line.

It won't happen.

Both Apple and AT&T want all the mainstream press that can get from this release. Why 6pm? How about evening news coverage nationwide. Videos of the lines at Apple and AT&T will simply dominate the evening news coverage tomorrow night. In the meantime, as the lines form in certain cities, the coverage has already begun.

As an AAPL shareholder, I applaude Apple in the way they are releasing the iPhone. There are getting more free advertising than we can even imagine. It must add up to tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in free advertising.

As a guy who has to have an iPhone NOW, it sucks, but I have a 14 year old daughter and her friends who are willing to wait in a line for me tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be a happy iPhone owner by tomorrow evening.

lovemacs

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
:)

I just called and
1. he said that each employee has talked to probably 10 people each about the iPhone.
2. Had no idea other stores were thinking about tickets
3. they will close at 4.. open at 6.
4. has no idea if there will be a big line

I told him to have a wonderful day and i'll see him tomorrow!

I'm just gonna get up early and check it out.. and then start the line hopefully around noon.. I can last outside that long i think :) It'll be worth it!

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina
No it doesn't. By doing this, you actually burden the customers that want one, by making them make 2 trips to the store. Who the hell can leave work at 9am to go get a ticket at some store? The whole reasoning behind the 6pm launch, is lost with this system.

I'd much rather take my chances and get in line at 6pm, than have some little jobless "rich kid" who's parents are buying the phone, get a ticket befor me, and end up getting one, when I'm a hard-working, tax-paying adult with responsibilities, that can't just leave work to go get a ticket. That's stupid.
Well i don't work tomorrow so im all good... id rather do it this way.... i don't have to wait in line all day i can go do something with my family or friends

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007

Zea lot status truly earned with that statement...Kudos:laugh2::laugh2:

mward43

Jun 25, 2007
I've called tons of stores and Apple stores. No one is doing that. No one is in line anywhere here yet either. I'm in Dallas.
hey DD0 i'm in dallas too, north dallas to be more specific, and I still haven't decided which store i'm gonna go to or what time I plan to head over there. whats your plan?

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
The "media savvy" stores want a line. Just like at my store...there's 3 guys already out there and the AT&T media rep is there and they're pulling in all kinds if press.
Which store?!?!

People, if your going to post about lines please, please mention whcich store!

- SR

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i cant even get through to my store... GRRR but when i do ill let you know

justinnum1

Jun 21, 2007
The store in Sunrise, FL has about 8 people outside already and they have those line things setup. The next person to go on line will be standing on the corner of the store without any overcovering. That makes my decision easy... Apple store at Boca Mall.

mward43

Jun 25, 2007
i haven't really figured it out yet, but if i get worried before the mall closes tonight (the Apple store i plan to go to is in a mall), i'm gonna grab my laptop and head up there, then find a nice quiet hallway where no one can find me but i can still pick up wifi and sit there over night haha so that i can be the first in line in my mall. only then will i feel like i deserve a $600 phone.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Im not as large of an APPLE enthusiast to be attracted to the APPLE store for the launch. I can see a lot of people drawn to APPLE though. Lots of Malls but Apple stores are niiiice

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
The store in Sunrise, FL has about 8 people outside already and they have those line things setup. The next person to go on line will be standing on the corner of the store without any overcovering. That makes my decision easy... Apple store at Boca Mall.
Because sunrise is tiny. Not the case in Orlando where there are lots of choices.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I just called and
1. he said that each employee has talked to probably 10 people each about the iPhone.
2. Had no idea other stores were thinking about tickets
3. they will close at 4.. open at 6.
4. has no idea if there will be a big line

I told him to have a wonderful day and i'll see him tomorrow!

I'm just gonna get up early and check it out.. and then start the line hopefully around noon.. I can last outside that long i think :) It'll be worth it!

I'm planning on going around noon too. I'm going to call during the corse of the day and then leave work to go get the phone if there's a line. If no line then I'll just keep calling and head over around 5.

lovemacs

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
<3

I'm planning on going around noon too. I'm going to call during the corse of the day and then leave work to go get the phone if there's a line. If no line then I'll just keep calling and head over around 5.
I have a feeling that in my area there will be a lot of "drive bys" and the minute the first person lines up, there will be 50 people within the hour. If i were to line up tonight.. people would come. But i don't know if i really think it's necessary. I'm thinking/hoping that if theres no one there by noon.. it'll be a good time for the lines to start. I keep going back and forth between thinking i should be CRAZY and go early early (i'm young, what the hell, might as well) or to just let it happen when it happens.