callback ringtones?

Zerovick46

Mar 7, 2008
can you get callback ringtones for the iPhone? like... so the ringer plays a song when some1 is trying to call you... ?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
well i had 2 of them before i bought the iPhone and they are both still there (although they will soon expire because you can only keep them for a year). i don't see why they wouldn't its not included in a specific plan, just go to att.com and find the one you want just like you would for any other phone you would have.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
If you mean like if John called you and want it to play Love Song by Sara Bereilles but when Chris called you want it to play Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye then yes you can do that. :p

You go into the Contacts anme and you hit Ringtone. Making a song into a ringtone is for another thread though.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
If you mean like if John called you and want it to play Love Song by Sara Bereilles but when Chris called you want it to play Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye then yes you can do that. :p

You go into the Contacts anme and you hit Ringtone. Making a song into a ringtone is for another thread though.
Nah, they are talking about ringbacks, not ringtones.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey

:laugh2: John and Chris calling anwser tones lol = infraction lol

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's when someone calls you and instead of hearing a ringing sound, they hear music. Frankly, I usually hate the music people pick, so I say save your money. You get them through AT&T... you must select from a short list of premade ringback tones.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
only if you could MAKE your own like ringtones... AT&t certainly has NO taste in music. (As does anybody else, for that matter)....I would have to be able to make my own... NOT pick from some pathetic list of soul-less crap.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
AT&T calls them answer tones. I think T-Mo calls them ring backs. I think they can be sort of obnoxious, but I'm not crazy about customized ring tones anymore either. Answer tones are set on the AT&T server and have nothing to do with your phone, but AT&T does not list the iPhone on their list of phones to check if it's compatible. You can find them at:

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/ringtones-downloads/tones-graphics/answer-tones.jsp

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It's when someone calls you and instead of hearing a ringing sound, they hear music. Frankly, I usually hate the music people pick, so I say save your money. You get them through AT&T... you must select from a short list of premade ringback tones.
Man, I hate those things! Like you said, I hate the music people pick, and I think it's just plain rude to force people to listen to your crap while they try to get a hold of you. A friend of mine has a rotating list of Zepplin songs with his, but my step-daughter has that gay top-40 crap that I hate. But I digress...I didn't know they were called ringback tones.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Man, I hate those things! Like you said, I hate the music people pick, and I think it's just plain rude to force people to listen to your crap while they try to get a hold of you. A friend of mine has a rotating list of Zepplin songs with his, but my step-daughter has that gay top-40 crap that I hate. But I digress...I didn't know they were called ringback tones.

.......exactly my point..

They are correct. For the iPhone, it requires a call to AT&T to set it up then you go to the website to finish up and choose tones.

I bought 4 tones to use for a year. One is personalized that is a female saying she is Mike's secretary and talks very seductive. My fiance HATES that one so I have assigned it to her so when she calls from work, cell or home, she gets that message!

For everyone else, its Jeff Burton telling you I am busy driving a race car or the University of Louisville fight song!

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
They are correct. For the iPhone, it requires a call to AT&T to set it up then you go to the website to finish up and choose tones.

I bought 4 tones to use for a year. One is personalized that is a female saying she is Mike's secretary and talks very seductive. My fiance HATES that one so I have assigned it to her so when she calls from work, cell or home, she gets that message!

For everyone else, its Jeff Burton telling you I am busy driving a race car or the University of Louisville fight song!
You might not have a wedding for that one. :sick: