Caller ID/caller display technical query

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike solan, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Mike solan

Mike solan New Member

Hi I have kept an ex girlfriends phone number in my iPhone4 contacts because I wish to ignore her calls and so need to know if she rings me But I often call people accidentally with the iPhone by inadvertently touching their contact on the screen. I wish to avoid accidentally calling her in this way, so as an experiment I tried putting an extra digit at the beginning of my brother's phone number so that it will not dial him, but this does not work as then my phone fails to recognize his incoming call as him.

Can anyone think of a way to keep my Ex's contact details in my phone so that I know when she is ringing, but at the same time avoiding the possibility of me accidentally ringing her?
    many thanks

2. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Firstly, have you assigned to her number a silent ringtone yet? At least with that only the screen display will show her call attempts. I've inadvertently dialed a contact number but am usually quick enough to catch it at first ring. No one has called back in those cases to say that my call to that person "rang once & stopped".

YMMV

3. Mike solan

Mike solan New Member

Hi thanks for the tip.
    Ive accidentally dialled quite a few people so Im looking for a way to prevent this altogether as a few times Ive put the phone down and left it dialling, not knowing I had made the call