Calling from the Calendar?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
So - I have an event in my iPhone calendar - it's a call I need to make and I put the phone number into the event as the location.

What I'd like to be able to do, is click on the phone number when the appointment reminder pops up at the right time, and dial the person from the Calendar.

Anyone know if this can be done?

Munky

Jul 3, 2007
Houston
So - I have an event in my iPhone calendar - it's a call I need to make and I put the phone number into the event as the location.

What I'd like to be able to do, is click on the phone number when the appointment reminder pops up at the right time, and dial the person from the Calendar.

Anyone know if this can be done?

I dunno, why don't you, um...try it?

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Oh yeh - I'm laughing so hard, but inside - outside I just look pissed!

Strangely enough I had already tried it, and not been able to outdial - so was asking if anyone had a way of making it work.

Perhaps some other method of inputting the number to be called?

Anyone else got anything other than smart-ass answers?

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I just tried it both by putting a number in the subject and in the notes. Unfortunately no dialing. It looks like they didn't put the number recognition in the calendar.

Oh yeh - I'm laughing so hard, but inside - outside I just look pissed!

Strangely enough I had already tried it, and not been able to outdial - so was asking if anyone had a way of making it work.

Perhaps some other method of inputting the number to be called?

Anyone else got anything other than smart-ass answers?

iPhone4ef

Jul 9, 2007
'cdodkin' - I've tried it also and it does not work. It would be great if it can be linked, contact/address/etc., since I'll be using the calendar for appointments quite a bit.

Jul 7, 2007
I had this same thing yesterday. I set a reminder to call someone in the calendar and I put the hone number as the location and it didn't work. This would be a nice feature.

PS. I'm on this forum multiple times per day and everyday there is bashing and smart-ass comments directed at other members. For the most part everyone here contributes in a constructive way. But to that small percent of people that insist on making rude comments, GROW UP. If you have nothing constructive to post then just keep it to yourself. Peole who post negative comments should be ashamed of themselves, it really makes you look immature.

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
PS. I'm on this forum multiple times per day and everyday there is bashing and smart-ass comments directed at other members. For the most part everyone here contributes in a constructive way. But to that small percent of people that insist on making rude comments, GROW UP. If you have nothing constructive to post then just keep it to yourself. Peole who post negative comments should be ashamed of themselves, it really makes you look immature.
Or they're also simply working to boost their post count with short, irrelevant, smart-assed comments on yet another internet forum.

Calling from the Calendar would be beneficial. If anyone does figure out a way for this to work (aside from an update), then please let us know. I use my calendar regularly, and while not having this option doesn't bother me too much, having it would be a minor boon.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
The answers above were not "smart ass". They were to the point: give it a try. Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. It's part of life and learning.

If the OP or others dislike "smart ass answers" perhaps you should carefuly apply your same judgmental criteria before posting "dumb ass questions".

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think it's all meant in good fun. ;)

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
The answers above were not "smart ass". They were to the point: give it a try. Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. It's part of life and learning.

If the OP or others dislike "smart ass answers" perhaps you should carefuly apply your same judgmental criteria before posting "dumb ass questions".
I had (wrongly) assumed that all people here would realize that I'd try something myself before asking for assistance.

I'm tempted to dumb down my questions for those 'more challenged' individuals, but then I wonder if I'd get anything worthwhile back....

509vista

Jul 3, 2007

"dumb-ass questions!" People learn by asking questions. And who in the hell are you to decide what a dumb-ass question is. If someone asks a question that you find to be a "Dumb-ass" one just ignore it, or since you seem to be so intelligent, kindly answer there stupid question. Hell even you have posted a question on this site that one might find to be stupid. Such as "Does FedEx/UPS ship over the weekend?" all you really have to do is look this up one of their web sites. How would you have liked it if people jumped on you for asking that question?

Sorry about hi-jacking the thread.

Jun 3, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Forums get people of all ages, backgrounds, experiences. When someone posts a query, my response is not to be rude, but responsive. I routinely see many seeming idiotic (to me) questions on forums, so I don't think it's fair to assume what's obvious to one is obvious to all. I just want to be helpful, and discover answers to my own questions. That means we sometimes trample on other's sensibilities inadvertently.

509vista

Jul 3, 2007
Forums get people of all ages, backgrounds, experiences. When someone posts a query, my response is not to be rude, but responsive. I routinely see many seeming idiotic (to me) questions on forums, so I don't think it's fair to assume what's obvious to one is obvious to all. I just want to be helpful, and discover answers to my own questions. That means we sometimes trample on other's sensibilities inadvertently.
I'm not directing this at you in any way. You post was kind. You sounded interested and didn't put the OP down.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
"dumb-ass questions!" People learn by asking questions. And who in the hell are you to decide what a dumb-ass question is.
Sorry, but I wasn't the one who introduced the phrase "dumb ass answer", but I'm merely pointing out the duality if they label the answers as such, they need to apply the same criteria to the question.

And seriously, you need to lighten up.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Sorry, but I wasn't the one who introduced the phrase "dumb ass answer", but I'm merely pointing out the duality if they label the answers as such, they need to apply the same criteria to the question.

And seriously, you need to lighten up.
Actually - I think it was you.

I had 'smart-ass' down for sure - but I'm pretty sure you provided the cherry on the cake with 'dumb-ass'...

And I am laughing... really....

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Actually - I think it was you.

I had 'smart-ass' down for sure - but I'm pretty sure you provided the cherry on the cake with 'dumb-ass'...

And I am laughing... really....
Yeah, i meant "smart ass answer", smarty. ;)

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
GUYS! back to the OP...

yes there is a way to put a code in that will call the number. Let me see if i can find it.

EDIT: well I still think there is a way but I can't get it to work.
the code is <a href="tel:1-408-555-5555">1-408-555-5555</a> or actually "tel:1-408-555-5555", to make a link for the web or mail... but I'm trying to get it to work in Calendar.