Camera 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by MTHall51, Mar 20, 2013.

1. MTHall51

MTHall51 Member
    Bronze

I have the iPhone 4 but in July will upgrade to a new phone and carrier. I take lots of pics and was wondering if the 13mp of the Samsung will truly take much better pics than the camera on the iPhone or not. Any thoughts?

2. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

All I can say is megapixel do not necessarily make for a better picture.
    Optics, image sensor, and programming are more important

Sent using iCafe app

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MTHall51

MTHall51 Member
    Bronze

Thanks. I was wondering what others variables need to be considered.

4. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

In the right lighting, any digital camera can take excellent photos.
    It's the ones that do better in poor lighting you need to be aware of. I think Apple has a great camera- but not perfect.
    I too take a lot of pics. I have almost 8 gigs worth on my phone now. 99% are crystal clear. 1% is grainy due to low light and no flash, but still respectable.

Sent using iCafe app

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have a 10.5 megapixel SLR and the pictures I take with my iPhone5 are every bit as good as the SLR in terms of color balance, exposure, contrast, etc. The only shortcoming is when I try to blow a photo up to 8X10 size. The photo will then exhibit slight graininess but that is to be expected because of the lower megapixel specification. Unless you need a medium or longer telephoto or large size prints, the iPhone5's camera is more than adequate for most any family or vacation photos you may need.

6. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Duplicate

7. MyRichLife

MyRichLife Zealot
    Gold

It's all about lighting lighting lighting. Stay still and wait for it then take the picture or take a few shots to see which one is the perfect one out of the best this is what I do. I also have a Nikon D300 with a Nikkor AF-S DX 18-200mm camera lens with lens cap also a Nikon SB-700 camera flash that helps during the night time.

Between my iPhone 5 and my Nikon D300 they both take perfection photos as long as I have lighting!

:D

8. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Both cameras are good for cellphones. The GS4 allows you to manually adjust the cameras settings on the native camera app. The AppStore has tons of camera apps that allow you to manually adjust settings as well. The only one setting that Apple doesn't allow you to manually adjust is ISO but like I said, a lot of camera apps in the Appstore automically adjust ISO for low light conditions anyway.