camera and mail problems

jacker28

Jan 16, 2008
ok so I have a new 16gb iPhone 3g with the new 2.0 firmware, I restored my information from my previous iPhone which at one point was a jailbroken 1.1.3. I have 2 separate problems...

My first problem is with my camera. When I go to the camera app and take a picture it doesn't save. When I go to the camera roll after taking the picture, there is only a blank white photo in the place that the real photo I just took is supposed to be. I also noticed that when I delete a picture from my camera roll, it just reappears.

My other problem is with the mail app. When I click on the mail app from the home screen, it is basically just a white screen and it crashes and goes back to the home screen. So I can't even go into the mail application to view anything. If I go to settings and mail, my mail accounts appear there like normal.

Does anyone know any information that will help me fix these problems? I have looked all over and havnt been able to find any solutions or much help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sounds like your jailbreak from 1.1.3 left some residual mess in your restore. I'd recommend you restore as a new device, not from your backup.

jacker28

Jan 16, 2008
ok I'll try that, will it delete all of my contact information?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
ok I'll try that, will it delete all of my contact information?
Yes, all personal data will be wiped. You need to sync your data with a program other than iTunes (iCal, Google, Outlook... whatever applies to you) first before you do the restore. That way you can get all your contacts and calendar back.

jacker28

Jan 16, 2008
Yes, all personal data will be wiped. You need to sync your data with a program other than iTunes (iCal, Google, Outlook... whatever applies to you) first before you do the restore. That way you can get all your contacts and calendar back.
Well i have a pc running windows so i cant do it with iCal and i understand that you can only do it with Google if you have a mac, so can i do it with Outlook without having to manually enter my contacts? Do you know what program would be best for me to do it with since i have windows?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well i have a pc running windows so i cant do it with iCal and i understand that you can only do it with Google if you have a mac, so can i do it with Outlook without having to manually enter my contacts? Do you know what program would be best for me to do it with since i have windows?
when you're connected to iTunes, go to the device page for your phone, then the "info" tab on the top. This is where you select what external programs you can sync to. See what's available on your system. You can sync with google contacts this way, or using that new website that folks have been talking about

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...endar-with-iphone-2-0-without-any-apps.27999/

Last edited by a moderator:

jacker28

Jan 16, 2008
Thank you for the help i have everything working fine now. Thanks!