Camera app slow to open

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
Is anyone else annoyed with how slow the camera app opens? If you want to take a quick pic then those 2-4 seconds it takes for the app to launch can be precious.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Is anyone else annoyed with how slow the camera app opens? If you want to take a quick pic then those 2-4 seconds it takes for the app to launch can be precious.
While annoying, your phone is designed to do a zillion things. Make calls. Text. Surf the web. Taking photos is a plus. We have cameras that take pics quickly. Remember ten years ago we didn't have cameras in our phone.
I am happy that I have the ability to take photos at all on my phone. I'll happily wait the annoying 2 to 4 seconds for the app to open.

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I've been noticing a lag in the camera app recently also. Not so much when I open it up but inbetween pics. It seems to freeze up on me for a few seconds.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
If you're jailbroken you can download SNAPPY from cydia, all you do is open SBSettings and you're ready to take a pic in one second. Other than that 2-4 seconds is about right.

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
@Afkamp, I notice the same thing when my camera is not running in the background...its never "instant" mind you but if it is running in the system, I find it starts a little quicker