Camera just crapped out

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by debbiep, Dec 25, 2012.

1. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

When I take a pic, everything sounds and seems as if its working, but no picture to be found anywhere. Anyone?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Nothing is added to your camera roll? Not even a completely black picture? Do you have space left on your iPhone (although, if that were the case, I'd think it would've notified you)?

3. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

Nada, nothing. If I couldn't hear the click, etc., would think I wasn't pressing the correct button or something. Plenty of space.
    Weird thing is, my mail app crashes, started Sunday night.
    Not jail broke.

Sent using iCafe app

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Try a hard reset/reboot press and hold home and sleep button at same time until you see the Apple logo. Will take just a little longer to get back to the home screen so don't worry.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Do you see the little animation of the shutter closing on the screen when you tap on the button to take the picture?

Are you on 6.0.2 yet? If you're on 6.0.1, maybe the re-installing of the whole OS while you update to 6.0.2 would fix the problem (perform a tethered OS update using iTunes, not the OTA update).

If you're already on 6.0.2, maybe you should to a full Restore from Backup (be sure to perform a fresh back-up first so you don't lose anything!).

UPDATE: Go with @RoofMonkey's suggestion first. Much less drastic.

6. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Standard Camera app? Not using Camera+ or other alternative?

7. hurlthis22

hurlthis22 Member
    Bronze

I had a problem with my Cam where it would'nt open. Turned out to be a hardware issue. They gave me a new one. If you restore it and have the same problem go to Apple and have them replace it.

8. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the info. Spent quite awhile on the phone today with a guy from Apple trying to fix the issue to no avail. Next step is to restore. I'm pretty disgusted with this phone. First the mail app crashes and now the camera. Never have had issues like this with my Apple products.

Sent using iCafe app