Camera lockscreen launch problem

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Essruu, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Essruu

Essruu New Member

Has anyone else encountered a problem with the camera launch button on the lockscreen in iOS 6 ?

Mine was working and I don't know when it stopped, but now if I tap the camera icon on the lockscreen it doesn't launch the camera app; it just makes the bottom of the screen 'bounce' up a little (partially exposing the Siri button) and then down again.

I've tried on/off and soft reset (it's an iPhone 4S by the way) I'm loathed to fully restore the device just for this. Has anyone else seen the issue, resolved it or have any idea what to try next to resolve it?!

2. Essruu

Essruu New Member

Actually, having just tried it again: it's not Siri that it briefly and partially exposes, it's the camera app. If doesn't make much difference though, as it's still a pain in the butt!

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Don't just tap the camera icon. Slide it up and your camera will appear.

4. Essruu

Essruu New Member

Haha. I take it that's how it now works! Maybe I was wrong and just thought I'd used it since the iOS 6 update. I am an iDiot !

5. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Lol that's what we're here for that's why your a member of the best forum because a bunch of brains are better than one! ;)