Camera on iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by rugved1118, Oct 21, 2013.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello,
    I would like to know how different is camera on iPhone 5S than on iPhone 5. I have heard camera on 5S is similar to DSLR cameras.. Is it true ?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, the camera has a lot of improvements. Here are the details:
    http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/camera/

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

4. dalina

dalina New Member

it is far better than on the iPhone 5, and it is also don't get damaged easily

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

How is it 'far better' ?

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

She just told you, it doesn't get damaged as easily... :D:D

7. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

It takes better pictures thanks to it's larger sensor. I notice a big difference compared to any previous iPhone camera. Very noticeable.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

You won't notice much difference between the 5 and 5S, not by the naked eye at least. Older models (4S and older) then yes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What about action shots, low-light and flash pictures? Also, the 5 doesn't have burst shots and slow motion video.

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I get burst that you won't believe with Top camera, low light has yet to impress me on both (not much difference there) and slow motion, well that id love to have. I've read here "far better" come on, it's the final result that counts and both cameras are great but not far better.

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

And btw I spend my whole day on Instagram (I know, lame) but that's the number one outlet for mobile photographers and you can't tell the difference between the 2 cameras.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So do you have a 5s? Who wants to use an app? I want theses features in the stock camera. It has a composite feature in moving shots that results in clearer shots, flash pictures have truer tones and the camera can compensate for a lack photography skills.
    Do they always post side by side shots of the same picture?

13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Just because Apple doesn't add those features that doesn't mean anything, the camera on the 5 is capable of taking the same pictures as the 5S. (Remember why we jailbreak btw) and yes, I've seen shots taken at the same spots with both phones (instameet) and the results were identical, both taken at low light. So again, better because of slow motion (thanks to its processors?) but that's about it.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, it does mean something - convenience. I have both phones and the pictures are not identical. I can get clearer shots and more true tones with the 5s.

Do you have a 5s?

15. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

No, because I spent an hour taking pictures of the same things at the same time, and again, results were identical, I mentioned that in here when I went. That's the only reason why I would consider upgrading, and I've always have, the camera, and improvements are far from "far" better.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay, we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't want to get into semantics and use the word far, but I do think it's better in several facets.

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Anyway my opinion but moral of the story, you can almost do the same things with the 5 camera than the 5S, unless you don't want to spend a dollar.
    Only thing you gonna miss is slow motion, again, my opinion.

18. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I agree to disagree :D

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That implies true-tone flash is worthless and fails to acknowledge the automatic composite feature and clearer shots in the stock camera. Convenience is important and that 99ยข app can't compensate for the hardware and it doesn't have all of the features.

20. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That's why I gave you almost haha I thought we agreed so disagree? Listen, nothing on the 5S impresses me, I just don't see a huge difference and I'll continue to feel that way because I'm confident on this camera.