Camera roll

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Lynda Mitchell, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Lynda Mitchell

Lynda Mitchell New Member

How do I take pictures off of the camera roll on the iPad 2

2. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Plug into PC/Mac and drag off as you would a digital camera.

3. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You can email them, MMS them, Sync them or just copy them off of the device when it os attached to your computer(like what was previous mentioned). No need to purchase the camera connection kit just to copy photos off of the device.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. Michael Murphy

Michael Murphy New Member

Why can't I access pics most of the time because a digital greyed bar keeps appearing over 'camera roll'. I can still see it but no function. Instead I have to access camera roll through camera.

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Have you tried hard-resetting the phone? You can do this by holding down both the home and power buttons, release both when the white Apple logo appears. Allow your phone to reboot and see if it corrects the problem.

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iOS Software section.

8. Kylezert

Kylezert New Member

My friend had that same problem and it was solved by turning off then back on.

9. Michael Murphy

Michael Murphy New Member

Thank you Ifriends

10. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Have noticed recently that the folders' names where the photos stored are changing from time to time but this was not the case previously!!! Now it is very difficult to control copying the folders on other device as backup because before you know what you have copied from the folder's name.

Any solution for this?

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Mine don't change. New ones get added by Apple or 3rd party apps, but none change. Old ones by Apple go away if they're all deleted, except Recently Deleted. The Pano album went away after I uploaded them to Box. None that I created have changed. What changed? Which albums? From what to what?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

12. Kodaliner

Kodaliner New Member

I've got a lot of videos on my camera roll (I've been to a few concerts this year) and I'm just wondering if watching these back will use data? I've tried playing them without Internet and either they take forever to load or they won't load without internet! I'm just wondering if they do use data to watch or if they just take a while to load

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

If it's streaming from iCloud Photo Library it does. But not if it's local just on the camera roll. It will use a little battery.

14. Kodaliner

Kodaliner New Member

Thank you! They're on Photo Library but I want to be able to watch them without Internet! How do I do this???

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't use iCloud Photo Library. Can you just download the videos to your phone? Maybe someone else knows. I'll see what I can find out.
    It looks like if you download to your phone, you download everything. That would take a lot of space on your internal storage.

#15 Ledsteplin, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not sure why this happens, either. It might be a glitch. It doesn't make any sense to me since they were shot on the device and are stored locally on it. I just went into airplane mode to test it. I have a bunch of videos on my iPhone 6. All of them were all taken on this phone. Yet for some reason a few of the older ones from last fall would not play without a network while I was in airplane mode.

17. Kodaliner

Kodaliner New Member

That happens to me too!!! They won't play on airplane mode!!! And it's really irritating because I want to watch them!!

18. Kodaliner

Kodaliner New Member

Yeah it asks me to download them but I haven't got enough space to do that!! I'm thinking if I send them to my iPad I might be able to play them!! My iPad is the 1st one so I'm hoping it will work