Camera Roll's Folders' Names & Orders

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by jalalawi, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Wondering why Apple not storing the items under the Camera Roll in simple order and named Folders like sorting them in Folders named by the date of the items such as the month and year rather than storing them randomly in Unknown Folders names!!! It is very easy in case you are copying the photos and videos regularly?! Hope that this introduced in the coming iPhone 7.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It would be a software, rather than a hardware, change. It'd have nothing to do with the iPhone 7.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It would be iOS 10. I'd rather be able to name photos.

4. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Yes, it is a software and hope this suggestion is reach Apple and implement it in the next iOS release.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Mine have always been automatically organized by date on PCs and Macs. Rather than copying your photos folder, you simply need to import them to your computer. This can be done on a Mac or a PC. The iPhone will show up as a camera when you connect it; just select import on a PC (if it doesn't let me know and I'll help you troubleshoot it). Use iPhoto or Image Capture on a Mac.

6. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I am not talking about the order of the photos and videos but the Folders that contain these photos and videos. For example if I want to copy only the photos and videos for specific month.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Copy the folders for that month after you import them. Everything will be in order.

8. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Just now I came to know this fantastic tool of importing the photos and videos from iPhone to my laptop but wondering since when this has been introduced as I used to connect my iPhone with my laptop since I bought my first iPhone 4 in 2011 and I never saw this option and all what I used to do is coping the folders from windows explorer directly by selecting them manually?!

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Several years.