camera sounds

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I'm sorry is it me or can you not turn off the camera sound unless you're on silent?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yep, minor but definitely an oversight. most phones have settings to turn off alert tones, but the iPhone does not have this. never really noticed that until now. :eek:

you can turn off most sounds, like alerts, in the settings>sounds, but not the camera's.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
you can turn off most sounds, like alerts, in the settings>sounds, but not the camera's.
yes there are certain sounds you can turn off, but a lot of phones, most phones i've had in fact, have a setting that can turn off ALL system alert/warning tones, with the exception of message/call alerts which have their own specific setting. it's puzzling that there's no way to do this on the iPhone. oh well, not that big a deal. I just flip the silent switch when i wanna sneak a picture on someone :)

Vultren

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Its seriously not that hard to just click the vibrate button when in camera mode. It takes less than a second to do...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah I was annoyed at first, but really it makes sense, and is extremely simple to turn off. I'm glad that's the only hardware switch on the phone... serves its purpose...

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
it sure is easier then sliding to unlock then settings then sounds then off... I would rather just flip the switch

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Its seriously not that hard to just click the vibrate button when in camera mode. It takes less than a second to do...
Oh i know. Just pointing out a flaw. I would rather just have it off all the time then have to flip a switch if i don't want to hear it. No big deal just nit picking