Camera won't save pics

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 7, 2007
For some reason my camera has stopped saving pictures to the roll. The picture will take, but when I click on the camera roll button the thumbnail of the picture I just took is blank. When I click on the thumbnail I then get booted to the home screen. Has anyone heard of this problem? (And yes I already tried a restore) Any help would be much appreciated, otherwise it's off to the Apple store.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
id say do a reboot [hold the home and shut off button at the same time for 7 seconds i think it is] then after that id say as much as it might suck do a restore through iTunes.. hope that is works out for you

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
For some reason my camera has stopped saving pictures to the roll. The picture will take, but when I click on the camera roll button the thumbnail of the picture I just took is blank. When I click on the thumbnail I then get booted to the home screen. Has anyone heard of this problem? (And yes I already tried a restore) Any help would be much appreciated, otherwise it's off to the Apple store.
try holding the camera without putting a finger over the lens

Sorry - I just couldn't help myself.

It sounds like Apple needs to either see your phone, or your finger, or probably both. Hope you get sorted soon.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Solution

I don't know if you have found the solution by now, but the same thing happened to me today and not being able to take pics made me really MAD.
Here's what worked for me:

1. Sync
2. Restore
3. After the phone settings are restored, DO NOT restore your personal information from a back-up. Disconnect the iPhone and take a photo. The photo should now appear in the camera roll, as usual.
4. Reconnect the phone and import the photo into iPhoto; do not delete it from the iPhone.
5. NOW restore your personal information from a back-up through iTunes. Absolutely everything is restored, including notes, unlike some other reported fixes.

The camera is back! Lola's back!:laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Faralon

Jan 14, 2008
Same issue here last week. Had to restore the software and resync.

I noticed the OBGYN News page in the bag....eh? hahah...

ngathuan

Mar 9, 2009
Hey my name is john and i am wonder if you guys know how to fix the problem on my iPhone. i unlock my 3G couple days ago, but now i can't view pictures that i took from my iPhone. i can use the camera but can't view what i took. if you know what to do can you please give me some advices. thanks
john